Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everybody,

I realized that my stop lights of my FZ09 are not working with the front and rear brakes. Any one that has experienced this little issue and how to:confused::confused: solve it?

Thank you in advance for your comments!

·
Registered
239 Posts
Probably need to adjust the brake switch. But it could be all sorts of things. Biggest cause of the brake light not working at all would likely be from modifications. But I'd be leaning towards the brake switch being stuck engaged. Just depends on the symptoms, which you need to elaborate more on. Have you had any work done to the bike? Custom levers / pegs or adjusted the brake lever, new brake light / turn signals?

Is the tail light always on (all the LEDs fully illuminated) or is it stuck in running light mode (just the sides illuminated)?

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you ryderjay to response my question. I have not performed any modification. Only the sides are illumintated not the center. According to your advice I reviewed the rear switch and yes I realized that need adjustment, I manually pull the spring and the stop light illuminated, however with the front lever it does not work. Thanks again for your help!

·
Registered
464 Posts
Do you hear a click when pulling the brake lever? That click is the brake switch and if you don't hear it clicking it could be busted or just not working in general make sure your pulling the brake in enough even though it doesn't require a heavy pull bi see if you can hear that click.

If it still doesn't work I'd make sure you have voltage going to the switch.

·
Super Moderator
5,763 Posts
Also, make sure the little plug up there at the front brake lever is firmly plugged in.

·
Registered
4,444 Posts
With bike turned off and pulling the front brake leve, you should hear the brake light switch click. If not, then I'd follow triplethreat's advice and make sure the front brake lever switch is plugged in properly.

If it is plugged in all the way and doesn't click, then it may be time for a new front brake switch. Or check all the connectors and make sure nothing has come loose somehow.

·
Banned
3,470 Posts
With bike turned off and pulling the front brake leve, you should hear the brake light switch click. If not, then I'd follow triplethreat's advice and make sure the front brake lever switch is plugged in properly.

If it is plugged in all the way and doesn't click, then it may be time for a new front brake switch. Or check all the connectors and make sure nothing has come loose somehow.

My advice is to avoid hills...!!!

Oops, wrong thread.:(

Reactions: Lee Drew and Dpak

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thank you for your responses and advice I identified the problem with the front break. A cable was not connected, simply I plug it and that is it.

Regards,

1 - 10 of 10 Posts