Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the Stop & Go mushroom plug kit that I purchased last year for my FZ09 and have been lucky so far with my bike tires, however I just noticed a slow leak on front left car tire this week. I took a closer look today and there a huge screw wedged into the treads right to the hilt.

My question to you all is will my Stop & Go plug kit work for car tires? I just got the tires in late December and I really don't want to replace one since they have less than 400 miles wear at this point. The tires are summer tires Michelin Pilot Super Sports on my 2011 Evo X.

I think it should work but I figured I'd ask if anyone can think of a reason it won't..? :confused:

·
Super Moderator
5,762 Posts
I would think that it would work, but look up the kit number online at Stop & Go to see what they say.

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Stop & Go says it's a temporary fix until a permanent mushroom plug can be installed from the inside if the tire. The kit has saved me when called upon.

Reactions: RichBaker

·
Registered
616 Posts
You may also have road hazard warranty seeing as these are high end tires. If they aren't, you may want to have them patched from the inside.

·
Vendor
22 R7 | 21 T7
3,302 Posts
I can't speak to the kit you have, but for others reading this who are looking for a nice kit:

Dynaplug® | Products

This is the easiest way to permanently repair a tire that I've tried. Inexpensive and easy to use/stow. As long as the damage isn't within 1/4" of the sidewall, this solution won't let you down.

·
Registered
192 Posts
I have a Stop & Go plug gun that always stays in the bike. I've used it on everything from bike to car to lawn mower to ATV tires. Even used one for 10k in a rear Pilot Road 2 after getting a nail at MotoGP in Indy.

·
Registered
612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hmmm it's tempting to fix it myself with a plug but if it's only a temporary fix that could be a problem.

·
Registered
4,444 Posts
Has anyone tried using Ride-On Motorcycle Dynamic Balancer & Tire Sealant???

I have it installed in the tubed tires on my DR650SE and find that the tires run great with zero vibration. I had an issue with the original OEM tires wearing out do to cupping in less than 3,200 km (1988 miles). With my new tires there is no sign of cupping or uneven wear. So I am quite impressed in the balancing aspect of the Rid-On product, and figure having the tire sealant is an added bonus. They do have some good video's of how the tire sealant works, and you can still do a permanent repair with a permanent mushroom plug or Dynaplug. Even though the site says you don't need to use tire weights to balance your tires, I'd still get my tires balanced when they are installed. But if you loose a wheel weight, the Ride-On is supposed to rebalance your tires as you ride. So far I have nothing but good things to say about having it installed in my DR and I have been thinking of installing it in the 09. That way if I do pick up a nail, I can at least continue to ride it back home, then get it fixed.

Motorcycle Tire Sealant | Scooters Tire Sealant | Motorcycle Formula (MOT) - Ride-On

1 - 9 of 9 Posts