Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Now that a decent amount of you had gotten stoltec's reflash, I'm hearing alot of good things about it.
I was wondering if I could customize the reflash a bit... I like the jerkiness of the bike aside from 1st gear...
I would like a smoothed out 1st gear, reduced engine breaking, and full throttle response at 80% twist, Which stoltec offers all of, but i was curious about performance with the other categories it adjusts, you guys still have the snappy speed (fun)?... Etc...

Any things you do not like but perhaps is over shadowed by all the positives it provides.
And has anyone went to Stoltec in person at their location in Bangor PA.. If so, how fast were you in and out?

Info would be appreciated from someone that has no vested interest in stoltec.

Wasnt sure to post this is accesories or performance since it's a performance accessory mod to ecu.

Kaiser

·
Super Moderator
5,763 Posts
My personal opinion is that he absolutely "nailed" it with the flash. The only thing that I would possibly change, but is OK, I would prefer to have just a dab MORE engine braking when rolling off the throttle. Keep in mind though, I'm an incredibly hard braker and will run into the corners a lot faster than most folks on here and then trail brake to the apex.....very similar to track riding. Other than that...it's 100% spot on.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Don't worry, you're not going to lose any snappiness. Think of it this way: The re-flash is mainly making the first 5% of throttle movement much more progressive, so when you roll in and out of the throttle and back on, the lurch is greatly reduced. But if you open the throttle more, you will get more. Nothing is taken away.

·
Registered
3,008 Posts
If I recall right Nick can do a custom map for you, though I'd suggest getting his standard throttle map (and fuel map) now and then if you want it tweaked get that this winter when you know what you want to be different. If you go to Nick's probably best to drive your car instead of riding your 09 there.

Nick just got back from vacation is super busy catching up.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts