Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How can I get the forks redone with stiffer springs on my FZ when stoltecmoto.com always says the springs are out of stock???

·
Registered
3,842 Posts
he decided to close up shop for many reasons several months ago - to my knowledge springs are available directly through GP.

Racetech also makes springs for this bike and ohlins does as well (full cartridge kit - not just springs).

·
Registered
107 Posts
Question, how are people getting bike off ground to pull forks?

·
Registered
3,842 Posts
Question, how are people getting bike off ground to pull forks?
you can suspend from a ceiling or you can use a stand like this - only issue with using this stand is that the horn must be relocated (if you search there is a thread on how to do this without having to cut wires or anything).

Black Widow Motorcycle Race Stand - Kit #5

·
Banned
3,470 Posts
How can I get the forks redone with stiffer springs on my FZ when stoltecmoto.com always says the springs are out of stock???
Google: SonicSprings.com

Stoltec referred me to this company who has all kinds of springs for many bikes. If it was me, I'd buy the bike before the springs.

Well, maybe not:p

Reactions: marthy

·
Registered
3,842 Posts
Google: SonicSprings.com

Stoltec referred me to this company who has all kinds of springs for many bikes. It it was me, I'd buy the bike before the springs.:p
have you had any other after market springs Steve? Just curious on how you felt about the Sonics in comparison to that or even the stock springs for that matter.

Davinci is pressuring me into getting fork springs with him this year against my will. I don't think i want/need full cartridges...

·
Banned
3,470 Posts
have you had any other after market springs Steve? Just curious on how you felt about the Sonics in comparison to that or even the stock springs for that matter.

Davinci is pressuring me into getting fork springs with him this year against my will. I don't think i want/need full cartridges...
My only aftermarket experience with springs was with Sonic. They eliminated the "pogo effect" that I had whenever stopping short with the stock setup. I also changed fork oil. Bottom line is that if Nick recommends Sonic for fork springs they've got to be ok. What's good for Nick is without question good for steve101:cool:

·
Registered
957 Posts
My only aftermarket experience with springs was with Sonic. They eliminated the "pogo effect" that I had whenever stopping short with the stock setup. I also changed fork oil. Bottom line is that if Nick recommends Sonic for fork springs they've got to be ok. What's good for Nick is without question good for steve101:cool:
Sonic was the "go to" brand over on the SVRider forums back when I was an active member and SV650 owner. It also helped that they were a site sponsor. I've never seen anything but positive feedback from people who've gotten their springs, and their prices are more than competitive with other brands. So when I found out Sonic was the brand Nick was turning to when developing springs for the FZ09, it was a no brainer.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yeah I've got Sonic Springs on my non-squid bike now, they're great. Guess I'll go with them.

·
Banned
3,470 Posts
Reactions: ridetofish

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
There is traxxion dynamics is also a choice.

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
Maybe I'm misreading this, is Stoltec still in business and doing the flashes?? I haven't followed this in a while. Thanks.

·
Registered
3,842 Posts
Maybe I'm misreading this, is Stoltec still in business and doing the flashes?? I haven't followed this in a while. Thanks.
He no longer has suspension or flashing.

·
Registered
987 Posts

·
Vendor
3,297 Posts
You guys keep me busy. Hard to keep up with this particular forum...

I've been too preoccupied recently to update the website, but correct - the springs are out of stock. That said, we have an arrangement with Penske at the moment and they are doing our suspension service work. If you want/need more information, you can contact me via [email protected].

he decided to close up shop for many reasons several months ago - to my knowledge springs are available directly through GP.
As mentioned by others in this thread, the springs are available directly through SonicSprings.com. I won't say that we won't stock these in the future, but going direct is the best solution at the present. And yes, there are springs available from other suppliers: GP, Traxxion, Racetech, Ohlins, etc. The Sonic Springs we developed are the only drop-in springs available for the FZ-09 - meaning, you won't have to modify or make new spring spacers, adjust the oil height to account for the new spacer, etc. They are custom wound to length, diameter, and taper. No issues with rattling, rubbing...nada. Functions like stock, but stiffer.

Do it. Dollar for dollar, the springs and oil are a great upgrade...one of the best valued upgrades to the bike. Plus, you can always go back and do the revalving later, if wanted.

Still in business, but focusing on family. We are continually evaluating what the future may hold.

2 Wheel Dyno Works is doing his flash tune now. I had them do mine and I have been very happy with the results.

2 Wheel DynoWorks | Pacific Northwest Premier Mobile Motorcycle Dyno Tuner
Glad you're happy!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts