Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
I had my NC700X DCT stolen a month ago. COVID has them stealing anything and everything bc there are no people nor cops around. Need alarms, covers, locks, everything these days...and an alternative to jail (hotel to these people) that would make them think twice.

·
Registered
521 Posts
I got a disk lock for it which should help prevent the easy getaway. Considering getting an alarm system. Or might just have to sell until I move out of the campus and have a more secure please to park.
View attachment 160075
Jacks I hate it that your pride and joy got stolen, joy ridden and damaged. Thieves suck! But I think you have a good idea... I'd think about selling my now spoiled bike and get an older, less attractive commuter as long as I was forced to park in vulnerable areas...and keep saving my pennies all the while to replace my honey.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Reactions: jacks974

·
Registered
2015 Yamaha fz 09
29 Posts
My car was stolen 2 weeks ago. At this point I'm not sure what's more frustrating the fact that it was stolen or the insurance company that takes their sweet ass time. Sorry you got your bike stolen the person that did it get what they deserve eventually.

·
Registered
2016 xsr 900
515 Posts
Auto insurance is such a shitty thing - name one other industry where customers regularly have to fight with the company they paid to get the service they purchased. When our car got totaled last year it took us months to get the insurance company to agree to pay us what KBB said our car was worth, I had to send in hundreds of dealer adds for the same make/model/year because our adjuster 'couldn't find any' and didn't agree that the ones I provided represented the local market.

Reactions: 2thdr

·
Registered
2017 Hi-Viz and Matte Grey MT-09
316 Posts
Insurance in general is terrible. Medical, auto, home - doesn't matter. Their job is to take your money and never pay out. Oh, you were wearing two different colored socks when you crashed? Yeah, that's under Secion 782, Subsection 3, Rule 8, Clause C: No elected coverage for dissimilar sock wearers. Real shame. Sorry about that. Your next bill is due Thursday. Thank you for being a valued sucker member.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Got it back this morning. Was stolen yesterday evening from UCSC. Someone reported this morning at Apt complex near western and hwy 1. Key lock on ignition and gas tank was drilled out. Some scratches and broken lights. Overall pretty good considering. Just glad to have it back.
UCSC PD said two other Yamahas R1 & R6 were stolen yesterday and wrecked on the hiking trails at upper end of campus. reported 30 min before I made my call. Crazy
I’ll search the forums for advice on locks ... hindsight is 20/20
Did they catch the thieves?

21 - 27 of 27 Posts