Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi guys to give ya the short story i had my mt09 Stolen 2 months ago and Recovered and brought back to me a month ago. You can tell they were doing burnouts and now the bike seems to idle fine and in neutral will rev the full rev range it will occasionaly stutter at first but then rev full RPM. When riding it in any gear it will not rev past 6500 RPM or like 3/4 throttle it falls on its face. You can tell there is a little bit of a extra noise that i dont believe is supposed to be there that does not get worse with revs and will go away completely when you first go into gear but then comes back when moving.
Bike is a 2018 Mt09 With 9400 Miles
Ther ignition is currently jacked so i have one on order but factory is pushed back a month on stock so im just trying to get it fixed the best i can. 20200708_085352.jpg
20200708_085406.jpg
20200708_085352.jpg
20200708_085322.jpg

·
Registered
2018 MT09 Street
208 Posts
man that sucks. how did they steal it?

·
Registered
2016 xsr 900
553 Posts
I'd start with checking/adjusting the TPS/APS sensors, and maybe a TB sync while you're there.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
man that sucks. how did they steal it?
Well Spontanious trip to Colarado led me to not being as prepared as I would have likes and the thieves stole our trailer with 2 bikes out of a hotel parking lot. Definitely learned some lessons.

·
Registered
2016 xsr 900
553 Posts
same thing happened to a family member - they were going on a trip with their ATV's. Got a hotel room and when they woke up someone had stolen their truck with the the trailer & ATV's. They eventually recovered the truck & trailer but the ATV's were not found.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Anyone know what this is i just stripped the bike down and i found this unhooked/cut and one of the vacuum lines of the tank broke not the drain one but the other not sure where that goes either View attachment 160852

1 - 9 of 9 Posts