Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
This bike is a steal at $7,990! Almost a grand cheaper than the FZ8...sign me up :)
I'm not sure why Yamaha was able to lower the price. That goes against inflation and what you would "normally" expect. Too bad they haven't been able to reduce the price of the R6, seems to just keep inching up and up... but I'm happy about the FZ09!

·
Registered
58 Posts
Maybe they're looking at it as a kind of "loss leader"; Something to get folks into the brand and upgrade later. After reading the initial reviews, they're putting effort into it that they normally set aside for their higher-end bikes. It definitely sound like a great bike for the cash. If it's a marketing strategy for them, it might just work on me!

Attachments

·
Registered
699 Posts
I think it is because they have omitted a few of the electronic assists that come as standard on the other bikes out there. Like you don't get ABS. This may be the time to get one while they are still allowed by the nanny state to offer bikes that do not have ABS. I think that by 2016 manufacturers are going to be forced to put ABS standard on bikes, and that means that they will pass that cost along to the consumer.

I say get one now before the price goes up and the fun of riding is potentially hampered for those who are confident in riding bikes sans electronic aids.

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts