Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Banned
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ran a sub 59 second lap at Little Tally today on the stock tires. Their just super, really. Not an excuse for wrecking by any means.

·
Registered
582 Posts
which brand did your bike come with since Yamaha has used two brands?

·
Super Moderator
5,734 Posts
Ran a sub 59 second lap at Little Tally today on the stock tires. Their just super, really. Not an excuse for wrecking by any means.
A sub 59 at Tally would be, ....in the 58's of course........and very close to a lap record.........57.XXX. If you were on an FZ09 doing this, I'm calling Bull Sh!T.

Also, what organization or group were you there with? Looks to me like the Tally calendar was blank this weekend.

Reactions: ktk_ace and v2Bob

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
After I saw the video...and his tire pic.......I believe what Dolan says. The other guy is full of crap. I still believe that all the crashes were because of cold asphalt and no talent. Has nothing to do with the tires that came on the bike.

·
Registered
670 Posts
A sub 59 at Tally would be, ....in the 58's of course........and very close to a lap record.........57.XXX. If you were on an FZ09 doing this, I'm calling Bull Sh!T.

Also, what organization or group were you there with? Looks to me like the Tally calendar was blank this weekend.
The last time I was there I did the course in 43.9 on a Vespa. No, really. Honest. :)

·
Registered
337 Posts
I ran low 120's at NJ Thunderbolt on a stock Honda Grom - top that!

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
After I saw the video...and his tire pic.......I believe what Dolan says. The other guy is full of crap. I still believe that all the crashes were because of cold asphalt and no talent. Has nothing to do with the tires that came on the bike.
Mine was for sure. Not arguing at all. The dunlops do work fine, if you give them time to warm up and have around 30psi in them. Doesnt mean i'm using them again. The pr3s have more traction new and not broken in.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Galin, where are you at??

My commute to work is ten miles each way and the ride home was very much like this but as the storm grew I stopped splitting and cruised with traffic at about fifty mph. I even thought to myself, it would be great to have a go pro and see what my ride home was like. The stock tire factor even came to my mind. Anyway, glad you're enjoying the wet weather. I ride everyday, so there are times when this is a must!

Speed safely amigo!
-BEN

·
Registered
244 Posts
Kudos to all commuters and rain riders!!!
You know that the physics didn't change solely due to the bad weather, as we can tell by sooooo many waiting it out under a bridge.
Its all in your head, again kudos keep clam - keep relax and enjoy the rain -riders :)

·
Registered
192 Posts
If you ride in rain, you HAVE to try the pr3's. I know we've all heard that, bu thtey are amazing.

I wish we had a video of two bikes passing another one. One of the passing bikes has pr3's the other, not. You can see the difference with the flying water.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts