Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have seen a few different posts for the stock rear shock spring rate (510, 520, 550). Straight from the service manual it says 10.19 kgf/mm, 570.77 lbf/in. Where are the other numbers coming from? Has someone actually measured that rate and the manual is wrong?

·
Registered
120 Posts
I have seen a few different posts for the stock rear shock spring rate (510, 520, 550). Straight from the service manual it says 10.19 kgf/mm, 570.77 lbf/in. Where are the other numbers coming from? Has someone actually measured that rate and the manual is wrong?
I just measured two different stock springs and one came in at 10.18 kg/mm avg and the other 10.28 kg/mm avg. Springs will have a variance as they are mass produced and that may be where the difference comes into play.

Norwest

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I just measured two different stock springs and one came in at 10.18 kg/mm avg and the other 10.28 kg/mm avg. Springs will have a variance as they are mass produced and that may be where the difference comes into play.

Norwest
Thank you for verifying.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
510 is the stock ZX10 spring (9.1). 525 is the 9.4
The numbers I've seen have all been in reference to the stock shock spring. It seems Yamaha put a decent rated spring on the rear while putting rubber bands in the front. Its good to have so many aftermarket options now to make this a moot point.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts