Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I see alot of riders on this forum switching to ZX6R(R) or ZX10 shocks but has anyone here actually considered getting the stock shock revalved? I know you don't have the adjustment like you do on the other shocks from donor bikes but just curious. The rebound adjuster has a very nice range of adjustment on the stock shock.

Terry

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
Terry....hope I'm not wrong but the stock shock only has spring PRELOAD adjustment...not rebound.

If your stock shock can be revalved.....Traxxion Dynamics did mine on the FZ07 for $400 and it works really well. If you require rebound and compression damping adjustment....you'll have to go to a different shock.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The stock FZ-09 shock does have a rebound adjuster. I agree that if a rider wanted compression adjustment then they would have to opt for a donor shock.

Terry

·
Registered
8 Posts
If you have an extra $200, I'd go with the base Penske over a stock revalve (if it's $400). The Penske is upgradeable (unlike the Ohlins unit) to a double/triple clicker and you will have alot more options to grow in the future. Just my 2¢.

·
Registered
358 Posts
If you have an extra $200, I'd go with the base Penske over a stock revalve (if it's $400). The Penske is upgradeable (unlike the Ohlins unit) to a double/triple clicker and you will have alot more options to grow in the future. Just my 2¢.
+1000

·
Registered
108 Posts
Yes I do, trying to make time to install. Hopefully next weekend and will let you know how it goes.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts