Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So... you've ordered your bar end mirror and of course as soon as it arrives... you pull those unsightly stock mirrors..

Vehicle Auto part Car

This is how I fixed this unsightliness on the cheap.
Get yourself a cheap adjustable furniture foot from your local hardware store.

Screw Fastener Auto part Nut Metal

Cut the threads off the foot to an appropriate length.
Locate an old piece of fuel vent hose or similar. (Maybe consider this if you need some tubing, while at the hardware store).

Wood Tool Hardwood Wood stain Workbench

You should end up with a little bit that looks like this.

Laminate flooring Hardwood Wood Wood stain Plywood

I ended up using an 11/16th socket over the plastic foot to thread it down into the mirror hole.
(Remember that the right side one as in these photos is reverse thread.

Vehicle Bumper Car Auto part Hood

It threads in quite firmly, and it was cheap, so I'm not terribly worried about it coming out on it's own.

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
If you have Pro taper bars, use the plastic bar ends :)
Never thought of that. I have a set of ProTaper ends that came off my motard when I put hand guards on it. Glad I didn't throw them away!

·
Registered
657 Posts
I used a R6 perch for that clean look.

Still have to do the BMC side.
Can someone tell me how they got bar ends/bar end mirrors to fit in the ends of the ProTaper bars? I have them on my bike now, but apparently the holes on the ends are smaller than what is needed to insert cafe mirrors or bar ends ... anyone?

thanks -

·
Registered
2,330 Posts
Can someone tell me how they got bar ends/bar end mirrors to fit in the ends of the ProTaper bars? I have them on my bike now, but apparently the holes on the ends are smaller than what is needed to insert cafe mirrors or bar ends ... anyone?

thanks -
drill and tap the handlebar ends or use smaller diameter bar end mirror mounts?

·
Registered
1,744 Posts

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
1 - 14 of 14 Posts