Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have the specs on the stock handlebar?

I'd like to lower my bars just a little and am looking at some Accossato bars that have a 40mm height and 93mm sweep (basically Ducati Monster bars).

I've tried to measure the stock bars, but it's not easy so am looking for something a bit more exact.

Thanks!

·
Registered
4,424 Posts
I posted my measurements here somewhere. I went through two sets of Renthal bars before I settled on the Street Low bend

STREET LOW

MODEL: 828-02, A:765, B:80, C:50, D:122, E:51, F:190, BLACK, $89.95

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, Doug! From what I can tell that Renthal bar has about the same height as stock but less backward sweep (straighter).

Sound about right?

·
Registered
4,424 Posts
9mm shorter, the rise is 14mm less, and the sweep is much less which puts you forward. I feel it because the bike is not as easy to wheelie in third gear. I found the thread. Here are my findings:

Glad you asked, I have them right here.
A: 29.5" = 749 mm
B: 3.5" = 89 mm
C: 2.5" = 64 mm
D: 7" = 178 mm
E: 4" = 102 mm
F: never bothered measuring

These are quick measurements and are also approximations, conversions are close.

Product, Part Number, A, B, C, D, E, F, Colors
STREET FIGHTER, 814-01 , 769, 96, 64, 120, 72, 195, TITANIUM, BLACK
STREET LOW, 828-02, 765, 80, 50, 122, 51, 190, BLACK

I am running the GPR so I gained a little height back because of the new handlebar risers. They feel perfect to me. Part of the reason that I bought the bike was because I was tired of clip-ons and liked the leverage of motocross bars after riding my buddies V-Strom.

·
Registered
420 Posts
It looks to me like the clamping area is larger in diameter than the grip area. Do the Renthals account for that? I have Renthals on one my trials bikes.

·
Registered
3,008 Posts
EdVr, the 09 bars are 7/8 inch diameter at the controls and grips, the normal for for standard and sport bikes etc (seems some cruisers etc are larger there...). The 09 bars are "tapered", at the bar mounts they are 1 1/8 diameter, more common on dirt bikes.

·
Registered
4,424 Posts
Correct, the illustration shows normal 7/8 dirt bars but the Renthal Fatbars that are compatible with our bike are Pro Taper (inventor/patent holder) type bars.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts