Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, so i did a search on here and nothing turned up. SO my question is:

What has everyone done to remove the gaudy looking warning stickers?

I plan on using Goop remover after a good washing using only my fingernails.

Anyone else have good luck at not damaging paint?

Thanks!

·
Registered
89 Posts
A hair dryer works great to loosen it up . . . Them use your thumb to rub a corner up . . . Then pull from the corner as you heat. Then use the decal back over the residue to help pull the remaining residue up . . . Then alcohol to finish it.

·
Registered
3,842 Posts
I had the same problem on mine and was nervous about heating the gas tank with a hair dryer. But came off with no problems.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I shall try the hair dryer option....if a hair dryer works great....I wonder if a torch will do better? ;)

Kidding of course!

·
Registered
6 Posts
You'll definitely benefit from a hair dryer or heat gun. It will turn an hour of picking at it with goof-off into a 10 minute job. No residue no scratches.

·
Registered
555 Posts
I simply left it out in the sun for 30 minutes. Peeled right off, tiny bit of residue left but some WD40 sorted that out pretty quick.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Dammit, it's coming off so easy for you guys.....I used a hair dryer to remove the sticker no problem, but it left a ton of residue. I tried WD-40, then I tried Goo-Gone and nothing is removing it. I don't wanna scrape it all of with my fingernail for fear of damaging the paint. What should I try next? Maybe let the WD-40 soak in a bit longer? Maybe use the hair dryer again directly on the residue?

·
Registered
454 Posts
Dammit, it's coming off so easy for you guys.....I used a hair dryer to remove the sticker no problem, but it left a ton of residue. I tried WD-40, then I tried Goo-Gone and nothing is removing it. I don't wanna scrape it all of with my fingernail for fear of damaging the paint. What should I try next? Maybe let the WD-40 soak in a bit longer? Maybe use the hair dryer again directly on the residue?
Hot water - I didn't need to do it on this, but on my old snowboard I needed some extra effort and super hot water on a soft rag ended up being the solver.

·
Registered
1,644 Posts
I put a hair dryer to mine...picked at it with my fingernail until it came off. Used WD-40 to get the glue residue off.

·
Registered
462 Posts
Mine came off pretty easily (matte gray paint) and a little goo gone took the little bit of residue off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
128 Posts
still have to take mine off.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts