Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

So I received my factory service manual and I wanted to verify stock suspension settings, but get this--the manual describes front rebound adjustment in turns and not clicks.

On my '09 the rebound adjuster is stepped and definitely clicks into each setting.

Curious if anyone out there has noticed this also. Does this mean the 2015 09 got the revised suspension as seen on the FJ-09? (Fingers crossed). Or is it just a misprint?

·
Registered
962 Posts
The rebound adjuster on my 2014 doesn't click. I had a local shop swap out my springs and oil - and I've been wondering if they screwed it up because adjusting it used to make a big difference in the ride.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The rebound adjuster on my 2014 doesn't click. I had a local shop swap out my springs and oil - and I've been wondering if they screwed it up because adjusting it used to make a big difference in the ride.
Interesting yeah my owners manual describes it in clicks but the service manual describes it in turns.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

·
Registered
320 Posts
I have a 2014, I did new springs oil and seal a couple weeks ago. If it doesn't click then my memory is far worse than I thought. I remember counting clicks on the adjuster before reassembly. I'll check tonight.

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
2014, no clicks.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
My first 14 didn't click, but my new 14 does. I thought it was strange when I adjusted the rebound.
Based on the responses here it sounds like all 2015 rebound adjusters click, but only some of the 2014s. Maybe they revised the design midway through production in 2014?

·
Registered
320 Posts
Based on the responses here it sounds like all 2015 rebound adjusters click, but only some of the 2014s. Maybe they revised the design midway through production in 2014?
That makes the most sense, Mine is July '14, clicks, and the manual would refer to the original part and they never updated it.

·
Registered
2,582 Posts
i couldn't be bothered checking vin numbers, etc.
First one i bought end of march, 2014, broke it mid december, 2014, and then new one start of 2015, but a 2014 model because i liked the race blu.
So Late 2014's having some kind of revision along with 2015's makes sense.
Never road the mark 2 with stock suspension, so no idea if it is any better, just clickier.

·
Registered
246 Posts
My '15 clicks, but I really have to pay attention because it doesn't click as noticeably as any other adjuster I have ever had.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts