Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I couldn't find a good spot to affix my state inspection sticker. I didn't want to mount it on my fork, as I plan on working on them soon. I decided on the radiator mount. FZ09 004.jpg FZ09 005.jpg

·
Registered
3,079 Posts
We don't have those in Florida. Could you stick it to the bottom of the oil pan or under the battery tray? LOL

·
Registered
136 Posts
The forks is a good idea, Bob. In Jersey, the sticker MUST be visible. The "inspection", back when they had inspection stations, used to be tough. In the 50's, I had my license tag measured for it's distance to the ground, for instance. They actually did check pollution, loudness of mufflers, headlight adjustment, and a plethora of other stuff. They were extra rough on you if you had a hot rod, as I did.
Oh, the good old days.... sometimes weren't!

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Wow, that thing is crazy ugly.

Can you mount it onto yourself? I think I would rather put that sticker on the arm of my riding jacket than on my bike.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Lucky_Devil, would YOU pass the emissions test? ;)
Dont think there are emissions in VA.. at least Ive never done a test in the 4 previous bikes that Ive had, in the past 3 years

·
Registered
354 Posts
In NY It's suppose to be on the frame or any place that is not remove able. Some of you may remember NYS did an illegal bike only inspections on all roads leading to americade and a lot of cruisers use those bolt on plates although they are illegal on NYS Inspected bikes you can imagine how many citations were written. As a matter of fact I got to see if their are any updates on this.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts