Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 92 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had an Italian stabilizer that connected to the fork on my old speed triple. Can't find the brand yet, been a few years. How is the GPR stabilizer in case I can't find the other one for my FZ-09? Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
168 Posts
I have just installed the GPR on my Fz. I can't give any feedback yet due to the Midwest snow fall. Maybe in the next month or two.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I finally found the dampner, it's a Matris. About the same price as the GPR. But the two I had on my Triples were awesome. Marthy, does the China model perform?

·
Registered
3,079 Posts
I finally found the dampner, it's a Matris. About the same price as the GPR. But the two I had on my Triples were awesome. Marthy, does the China model perform?
It's alright. It damp but it could damp more, especially if you do track days. One of those thing I was able to get away without it but the bike feel better with it. Just wish I had a bit more damping for the track... but for $50ish, it's fine.

·
Registered
153 Posts
....$50.00 Chinalins.
I love the term you coined there Marthy!

Guys here's a thought... You know how many manufacturers get either components or entire products made in China because it is cheaper to make there! Some of them just get there names stamped on the finished part.

Well this is an R1 / R6 motorcycle steering damper before anyone stamps their name on it!

It performs fine and the range of adjustment is ample for my use. Of course the only way anyone can make a fair comparison would be to try more than one "brand" of steering damper and make a comparison after.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Where did you find the fork leg adapter? Size? I was looking for something along these lines rather than the GPR.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Thanks! I will look into it. I'm a little nervous about that cheap of damper. I have horrific images of it locking up at speed (probably unfounded, but...) I may just find a better quality one like a Hyperpro or Ohlins and go that route. Good to know that an R6 one will work. They ought to be cheap enough to find.

Do you happen to know the stroke length? If I can find one with the right stroke and adjustable mount, it should make it easy to cross reference for a multitude of bikes.

·
Registered
3,079 Posts
Need a steering damper? Here we go... that's how it was done back in the 60s. 66 Ducati Mark3 here. There's some friction plate on the bottom (like a clutch) and a big knob on top to preload.

·
Registered
987 Posts
I ordered the China made damper, should be here in a week or two. I might try and use the Ohlins mount.

Gun Firearm Trigger Airsoft gun Air gun

1 - 20 of 92 Posts