Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
got a great deal from Spiegler Performance Parts today wanted to do brake lines and they want my bike to use for a prototype to make a kit for, so I get all the parts and installed for half price !

·
Registered
298 Posts
Spiegler are the way to go, very high quality stuff. I had SS brake lines on my FZ6R, and I think I had them for about $100. Really a fairly inexpensive mod. Very easy to install.

·
Registered
30 Posts
TRS^ I just noticed. Sorry to thread hack but just wanted to say I did a retrofit to my YZF600R and love it. FXR projector with a 50watt ballast and 5000k bulb. So much better over the 35 watt low and 55 watt high. I was thinking about doing it to this bike (when I get it) but the stock bulb being a 55/65watt would probably throw out some decent light but Ill still probably do one because I just love the HID setup.

·
Registered
298 Posts
TRS^ I just noticed. Sorry to thread hack but just wanted to say I did a retrofit to my YZF600R and love it. FXR projector with a 50watt ballast and 5000k bulb. So much better over the 35 watt low and 55 watt high. I was thinking about doing it to this bike (when I get it) but the stock bulb being a 55/65watt would probably throw out some decent light but Ill still probably do one because I just love the HID setup.
I am currently (slowly between retrofits) working on an FX-R retrofit for my FZ1...but you know how it goes with a professional. Their projects are last.

As far as retrofitting the FZ09 (or anything else for that matter), no halogen can even compare to the amount of light that an HID can provide, with less energy. Plus, with projectors, the light is much more useable. I don't really think there are many vehicles that have GOOD projectors from the factory. There is always an upgrade. That is just my $0.02.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts