Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 238 Posts

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Ladies and Gentlemen,
Step Right Up and Please post pics of your favorite Local Squid.

I will start

Exhibit A:
Squid with No Shirt - I feel sorry for the guy, he can't afford a shirt or he is related to Justin Bieber.
No Shirt but has a huge hat that is pulled to the side _ I think it is a Gang thing or his head is shaped like a sideways watermelon.
No Gloves - because the coolness factor will stop him from doing a face plant on the asphalt. who's fault??? asphalt.
Skateboard on the back - 2nd mode of transportation after he goes down???
Helmet on the back - duh, that is for when he is riding on the skateboard, idiot.

The Squidness is Strong in this one...
SQUID.jpg

THIS SQUID SHOW should be a STICKY THREAD!!!

·
Registered
663 Posts
Darn it. Me without my camera or phone. On the highway tonight I saw a guy riding in a wife beater shirt with no helmet. The wife (or girlfriend) was on the back in a t-shirt. She had on a helmet, and the family dog in her arms. It didn't leave her much for holding on. Now that I've seen this thread, I'll keep the camera cocked.

·
Registered
64 Posts
ehh, i dunno man. I have scars over every single joint on my body from rash and I still ride with just a t-shirt around town on occasion. I'm also not trying to grind pegs and throw down some wicked wheelies either. I totally get the ATGATT mentality, and your right, safety first. But you also have to respect the fact that its the squids decision on what to wear and when. Honestly, i feel like its a jerk move to photograph someone without knowing their situation, and then post it with the specific intent of ridicule. What if that dude just broke up with his girlfriend who happened to throw away his leathers or some other unfortunate circumstance? Unlikely i know, but the point is, we don't know why hes riding like that, and its not our place to pass judgement on others when at one point or another, weve all ridden squid.

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
I am on another forum where we have a thread like dedicated to ricers. I love these types of threads. And Grishbrook, this is the internet. We don't know these fools anymore than they know us. It is for entertainment.

Reactions: MNJohn

·
Registered
3,842 Posts
How many threads about squids do we need? This is like the 5th one running that will spur the same debate going on in the other 4.

99% of squids ride like that because they think nothing will happen to them or if something does happen it won't be that bad, after all, James Bond was able to lay down his motorcycle with no gear at 75mph, get up and kill a bad guy.

If you wear a seat belt in your car but a tshirt on your bike - it's time for some self reflection.

Sent from my phone and my autocorrect sucks

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
No debate here just pics.

Reactions: Horsman

·
Registered
179 Posts
I find the whole squid debacle and stereotyping downright appalling. Posting pics of people just because they don't meet your ideal requirements is no better than being a racist.

This is how wars start on all types of levels. Food for thought.

·
Registered
619 Posts
I find the whole squid debacle and stereotyping downright appalling. Posting pics of people just because they don't meet your ideal requirements is no better than being a racist.

There is a district difference between squid ridicule and racism. Sqiudism is a behavioral issue, and can be changed by the individual in question. Race can't be changed by the individual (Michael Jackson notwithstanding)

Look at this as a public service message. If it gets one person to put on gear and ride more responsibly, it's better for all of us.

·
Banned
3,470 Posts

ANYONE who recklessly puts their life AT RISK also positions themselves for some constructive criticism. Just because you find it offensive doesn't mean it not warranted. It's Human Nature to want to protect one of your own.....:cool:

·
Registered
957 Posts
I don't know if this counts or not but there's a black guy who lives in my area with really really thick dread locks. He couldn't wear a helmet even if he wanted to because of just how thick his dreads are. He rides a gixxer and he is otherwise geared up (proper jacket, gloves, and Icon riding shoes) just no helmet.

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
Stretched swing arm? Chrome rims? Wide rear tire?

·
Registered
570 Posts
There is a district difference between squid ridicule and racism. Sqiudism is a behavioral issue, and can be changed by the individual in question. Race can't be changed by the individual (Michael Jackson notwithstanding)

Look at this as a public service message. If it gets one person to put on gear and ride more responsibly, it's better for all of us.
The key question: Do we get more people to change their behavior by ridiculing them or by offering them respectful education?

·
Registered
150 Posts
I don't agree with guys who ride without gear but at the same time, it is in fact their own choice, I don't see why people get so hung up on it. You'd think there was some law requiring them to wear full one piece leathers every time they ride with the way people criticize and point out their chosen riding attire (or lack there of). Again, I think it's a dumb move on their part too, but at the end of the day, who gives a crap? It's their choice and they will pay the consequences for it if they go down.

Might as well start a thread posting pics of people smoking and ripping them apart for how it affects their health (nevermind they aren't breaking any laws and it's their decision).

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 · (Edited)
This thread wasn't designed to offend people but to bring awareness to a yearly epidemic of squidisms that permeate our roads both figuratively and literally. My mobius cam "captured" this one, I just had to tag it, post it and release this one. No, I am not rolling around with a camera taking pictures - but with a looping mobius cam so I can protect myself for when a non-paying attention cager does take me out. I am not telling anyone how to dress on the road but we are not all this lucky when it comes to an accident.

1 - 20 of 238 Posts