Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I am
Going to a 15 front and 50 rear 520 sprocket set up on my 2015 FZ09 and I was wondering anyone who has done this or any info on how this set up feels could share the experience thanks.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I’m trying to get involved in the stunt scene and that setup I mentioned was the most common one I heard of others doing. So
I just want to try it out for myself and see how I like it. I just can’t find anyone who did the 50 rear sprocket and I would like some feedback on how they like it that way.

·
Registered
439 Posts
I should apologize then, didn't know if you were a bot or a troll. Welcome to the forum, I know someone here can help you out.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Darf not sure what you should apologize for but thanks for the welcome aha. I can’t find much info on this so im just trying to reach out and do some research on it before diving in. At the end of the day though im
Doing it regardless. And when i do for whoever is interested I’ll let you know how it is.

·
Registered
439 Posts
Just my snarky comment, I'm only an ******* to those deserving. I'm not sure about a 50 rear but I'm pretty sure I've seen a few posts on 15T swaps.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
No worries I appreciate the honest hospitality. And yeah I see that people do the 15 front often and most like it but not many people mess with the rear. Fz07 is the more go to stunt bike but I love my fZ and still want to ride it outside of the stunt lot so I must want to do a subtle change. I don’t need a pizza pan.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Is your bike going to be stunt only or are you still street riding it as well?

·
Registered
515 Posts
Welcome , Should be a bodacious project when it's all done. Sprockets are the cheapest performance upgrade. I loved my 1st gen FZ1 with 1 tooth smaller front sprocket.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Welcome , Should be a bodacious project when it's all done. Sprockets are the cheapest performance upgrade. I loved my 1st gen FZ1 with 1 tooth smaller front sprocket.
Hi there...could you please describe the performance with the smaller front sprocket?...thanks

·
Purveyor of Neat Toys
99 Posts
Hi there...could you please describe the performance with the smaller front sprocket?...thanks
By changing your gearing, the engine is spinning faster / producing more power & torque for a given road speed. This makes the bike peppier and quicker off the line, more acceleration but less top speed.

·
Registered
413 Posts
Reach out to TwinStunts on Youtube, They can answer all of your questions about stunting the FZ.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts