Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2016 xsr 900
963 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey @vcyclenut - I was going to order a sprint filter from you, but I noticed there are two options P08 and P08 F1, description doesn't explain what the difference is....which one is better for street use?

·
Vendor
1,507 Posts
they perform the same, the f1 filters slightly better and is water proof

there is a link at the bottom of the page that says sprint filter info , but the above basically sums it up

·
Registered
2020 MT-09
968 Posts
P08 would be my guess for you as the f1 is more "race" flow rated. At least that's what I've read. However, for you and all your fun scrambler dirt trail riding, I'd suggest a N95 or greater mask for your intake... lol

But the expert has spoken 😉 ☝ learn something new. Did not know f1 was waterproof.

·
Registered
2016 xsr 900
963 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
they perform the same, the f1 filters slightly better and is water proof

there is a link at the bottom of the page that says sprint filter info , but the above basically sums it up
My bad - I guess I stopped scrolling when I got to the 'select which filter' box and never saw the link.

P08 would be my guess for you as the f1 is more "race" flow rated. At least that's what I've read. However, for you and all your fun scrambler dirt trail riding, I'd suggest a N95 or greater mask for your intake... lol
But the expert has spoken 😉 ☝ learn something new. Did not know f1 was waterproof.
So the F1 flows more air, and provides better filtration, and is waterproof (ya know, in case I have to do some deep water crossings). The price hike for the F1 is just as impressive as its claimed abilities.

·
Registered
2020 MT-09
968 Posts
Yeah I couldn't justify the f1, but in your case I'd hit up some country boys to fab you a pvc snorkel...

·
Vendor
1,507 Posts

ive tested the f1 and regular p08 back to back at several different power levels they have always performed the same the f1 actually filters a little better. I think people see the higher price and assume

·
Vendor
1,507 Posts
My bad - I guess I stopped scrolling when I got to the 'select which filter' box and never saw the link.

So the F1 flows more air, and provides better filtration, and is waterproof (ya know, in case I have to do some deep water crossings). The price hike for the F1 is just as impressive as its claimed abilities.

no worries

no they flow the same

·
Registered
2019 Yamaha MT 10
871 Posts
I need to ask, this is substantially more money than the stock filter. What improvement would we see over stock?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts