Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This past Sunday I passed a Graphite FZ in Harriman state park on Seven Lakes Drive, then on Monday driving out of Manhattan on 57th st ( in a car) I saw another Graphite FZ with a flat Pelican case on the back. Anyone from the forum?

Cool to see the FZ's out in force !

·
Registered
429 Posts
I have yet to see another in the flesh

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
You're lucky. I ride around Brooklyn, Manhattan- even went to DC, Philly, Bear mountain, Beacon, Long Island, Ithaca, Queens, Bronx...haven't seen another FZ-09 since I got the bike in November! To be fair, one barely gets to see many motorcycles (esp those that aren't BMWs or Bonnevilles) around here.
I have a graphite with a Coocase topcase- do wave if you see me! :)

·
Registered
74 Posts
Same here in Socal.. I am starting to see them all over. It's getting to point where it doesn't have that one of a kind unique look if everybody has them.

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
When I was still considering the FZ and stashing pennies away, I would see a liquid graphite (exact one I wanted) ride by my house every once in a while. Seemed like he only rode by when I was thinking about it. Bastard.

Ended up buying the LG and have seen one other FZ since (probably the same guy) but I was in my truck so I didn't want to try and get his attention to bullshit about the bikes. That didn't stop one guy here recently though...some dude came flying at me through a center turn lane and just stopped and rolled his window down to talk like it was no big deal, then when I ignored him he just pointed at the bike and gave me a big thumbs up. I had my visor down and was sitting there waiting to pull out of a driveway so I just nodded and took off. So ya anyway long story short I wasn't trying to be that douche and chase the guy down in my truck haha.

·
Registered
511 Posts
I have yet to see another one on the road in Denver. Most people stare and point because they don't know what it is. I have seen a girl running around my neighborhood on a CBR. Wonder if she's as cute with the helmet off.:eek:

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
I saw a Rapid Red one in New Hyde Park and a Graphite one in the City.

In PA, where I keep my bike, I know someone with another graphite and we saw a third FZ-09.

·
Banned
3,470 Posts
I saw a Rapid Red one in New Hyde Park and a Graphite one in the City.

In PA, where I keep my bike, I know someone with another graphite and we saw a third FZ-09.
I hope you waived to the one in New Hyde Park -- they might have not seen your waive even if you did because everyone knows the Rapid Red is the Fastest FZ and we've got to keep our eyes on the road.......

Amazing you actually "saw" the Rapid Red. It must have been parked because they're so fast is usually just a blur flying by....

·
Registered
337 Posts
Last week while stopped for some ice cream out in Whitehouse NJ I saw two drive by, one Orange and the other Graphite. There seems to be a good amount of them on the roads these days, might be time to get rid of it and buy something more exotic again. Haha

Reactions: beck

·
Registered
520 Posts
I saw one in philadelphia since i got the bike early april.. Only one, which surprises me because my buddy at work says he sees them all the time... He rides a buell

·
Registered
24 Posts
Im in upstate NY, have not seen another. But I know the dealership sold one in each color so there is two around here somewhere...

·
Registered
221 Posts
You're lucky. I ride around Brooklyn, Manhattan- even went to DC, Philly, Bear mountain, Beacon, Long Island, Ithaca, Queens, Bronx...haven't seen another FZ-09 since I got the bike in November! To be fair, one barely gets to see many motorcycles (esp those that aren't BMWs or Bonnevilles) around here.
I have a graphite with a Coocase topcase- do wave if you see me!
Come back to DC motorock! Ill ride my graphite with you. And I know 2 other people with graphites that can ride with us. Id like to ride to NY, where I have family in Queens, but the 6+ hour ride is scaring me. I am NOT putting any touring bags on.. Maybe Ill do it this season..

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Finally saw another FZ in Brooklyn- a orange one. Rider had orange jacket and beige/orange-brown (?) pants- anyone here?

Come back to DC motorock! Ill ride my graphite with you. And I know 2 other people with graphites that can ride with us. Id like to ride to NY, where I have family in Queens, but the 6+ hour ride is scaring me. I am NOT putting any touring bags on.. Maybe Ill do it this season..
I often go to DC to visit my brother and with the FZ, more excuse to go. The ride is about 4-4.5 hours- add an hour for rest and enjoying some local roads. Not scary at all- and put the bags on. It took me a while to put touring bags on my first bike...but once I did, I never looked back. Going to places has become even more fun.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts