Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,734 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So the weather was pretty good here this afternoon and I decided to make a run up to Deals Gap and make a few passes. On the way in, I came upon a fellow riding one of the new FJ09s, headed towards the D.G. store. I went around him and gave him the thumbs up and got down to the store and a little while later he came rolling in. That Red (Yamaha Candy Red) is an absolutely BEAUTIFUL BIKE! He had just got it and it only had like 200 miles on it. Hard cases were on it and they looked really good too. Nice guy and we talked for probably close to a 1/2 hour before I had to head out. Good to start seeing them on the road, it was my first one in person.

·
Banned
3,470 Posts
Candy Red -- - Sounds as sexy as Rabid Red........!!!!!

·
Super Moderator
5,734 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Steve, it was a little darker Red than the FZ09s and the FZ07s. It was probably a little closer to the Red of my ST1300.....maybe even a little darker Red than that.

Reactions: VERSYS8

·
Super Moderator
5,734 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sorry, I don't ask folks what they paid for anything. If they volunteer the info....I'm good with that.

Reactions: ridetofish

·
Banned
3,470 Posts
I'd guess he paid MSRP plus some dealer fee or delivery. MSRP plus tax is a rare bargain down here.

Several hundred isn't going to make or break a deal.....The bigger question is how he likes it and were any of the FZ09's shortcomings apparent...??

Suspension, Abruptness of throttle, lame Seat, Lack of speed in the Non-Red bikes, etc.:p

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Steve, it was a little darker Red than the FZ09s and the FZ07s. It was probably a little closer to the Red of my ST1300.....maybe even a little darker Red than that.
I've seen one on the showroom floor... it's a really nice, rich color. :)

·
Banned
3,470 Posts
I've seen one on the showroom floor... it's a really nice, rich color. :)
Really rich color.....???? Richer than the Rapid Red.....????

Resale on that Candy Red FJ is going to be incredible -- Ya heard it here first:D

·
Registered
452 Posts
I cannot even find out from Yamaha HQ here in Oz when the first FJ's (MT-09 Tracer here) will land. Went into a Yamaha dealership last week and politely asked the question. The Bloke looked at me as if suddenly and spontaneously another head had sprung from my shoulders! "Never heard of it" he mumbled (I should say that I did give him a few words about the bike when introducing the question - "sport-tourer based on the MT-09, etc" - so he had a bit of an idea of what I was on about). These motorcycle retailers are rubbish... most of 'em.

L of S

·
Registered
2,567 Posts
one of the bigger yamaha dealers here in sydney has at least 2 mechanics who own MT09's - it means that they ctually care a bit more.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Did ask him was he paid for it? Interested in what the first ones off the floor are going for.
I paid $10,045 with heated grips installed, Purchased at Suzuki/Yamaha of Dalton, GA. TTL was $833 in Hamilton County. If you pay cash they will knock a bit off, not much though because they are a bit limited in supply right now. I bought mine without even test riding it, it just felt that good to sit on it. My last 6 bikes have been R1, FZ1, R1, FZ1, SV650S,FZ1 and Honda VTR Superhawk. See a pattern with the FZ's....lol. I can't describe how comfortable this bike is, feels like an FZ1 with a lift kit. I'm 6'4" and weigh 260# geared up and it fits me perfect.

·
Registered
654 Posts
they have 2 FJ09s in the showroom where I got my FZ09 (Americas motorsports Madison location {Nashville} if anyone is local and wants to check them out) a gun metal grey and a dark red here. pricing is not as good as whats listed in this thread, 12,500 with luggage and that is NOT out the door, and exactly why I ended up on an FZ09 instead

Reactions: Tigershark

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
I predict a lot more FJ09 owners than FZ09 owners. They are raving about this one all over the World.

·
Registered
16 Posts
If $12,500 is not an OTD price, then even with bags, that's gotta be more than MSRP. AKA, gouging.

That said, part of the reason I bought mine in early Feb is because I expect the deals for this bike will be tougher to come by in the Spring and Summer.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts