Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
263 Posts
I'm actually in the planning stages of a trip to the sisters but I would be coming in April not May. Might have to push the trip a month so I can make this run.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Great, let me know if you can make it. BTW, I had a great time last summer riding in your state.
Yeah I read your report. Hwy 191 will be included in my trip to the sisters. Not sure if I'll be camping or getting a room but I want at least one full day of riding the area. Then load up and continue to the great state of Texas. My aunt lives in Abilene so I plan on staying with her for a few days then head to the sisters. From there I'll be heading to Brownwood to visit the rest of my family. After that I'll start heading home.

I'll be loading the FZ in the bed of my Tacoma or I'll be trailering (still trying to decide what I want to do about that). If I don't make it to the sportbike rally maybe I can meet up with you while I'm there anyway.

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah I read your report. Hwy 191 will be included in my trip to the sisters. Not sure if I'll be camping or getting a room but I want at least one full day of riding the area. Then load up and continue to the great state of Texas. My aunt lives in Abilene so I plan on staying with her for a few days then head to the sisters. From there I'll be heading to Brownwood to visit the rest of my family. After that I'll start heading home.

I'll be loading the FZ in the bed of my Tacoma or I'll be trailering (still trying to decide what I want to do about that). If I don't make it to the sportbike rally maybe I can meet up with you while I'm there anyway.
If you plan on getting a room, I would reserve one soon. That time of the year, the Texas Hill Country has quite a few motorcycle rallies and other events - if you camp, it will most probably be Garner State Park, which also take reservations for camping slots as well.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts