Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry if this is in another thread. I did not see it, if it is. Did you guys happen to catch that "test" It would be in the April 2014 Sport Rider magazine.

Its a decent test, I suppose, but funny at the same time. Its written in almost a fake controversy way. With the fz09 costing 2000.00 less, and out preforming the Triumph, theres no way the Triumph can win, yet it does. The reason is suspension. Go figure.

Anyway, its barely worth buying as theres no info in the test you cant find online, or in a brochure. In a way, Yamaha has doen us a favor in not adding high dollar suspension. If you factor in 2000.00 worth of high dollar shocks and forks, you'd equal the Triumph cost, yet be riding on world class suspension.

I wish Kawasaki had a used a 2x4 instead of a shock, on my Ninja 1000. It might have saved a hundred I could have put towards a good shock.

I have one old vintage Cycle magazine, from 1983. Inside is a test of the 1983 GPZ 1000 Kawasaki. Theres almost a whole page devoted to its HUGE horsepower and how only VERY, VERY good riders need apply due to its massive output. Its hp? 104...three less than the fz-09 which is now aimed at "entry" level riders??? Oh, and the 09 weighs 165 lbs less than the Kawasaki did. If you could have sent the09 back to that test, it woudl have been faster, and more powerful, than even the professional racing bikes mentioned in the the magazine.

How times change.

They accomplish all this, and I'm still needing to remove a tire due to a nail puncturing it. Really? Who forgot to put airless tires higher up on the list?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.