Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
All this hype makes me paranoid that my bike will be stolen. So i now padlock my garage and put my alarmed disc lock on and have my car positioned in such a way that removal of the bike is impossible unless you can lift 400lbs over your head. It's definitely nice to boast a little bit.

Reactions: Tuga and DNFDOUG

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
This bike is probably gonna win bike of the year.
As it should! Low price point, magical power, good looks, lots of desirability, and for those who love to mod it has a lot of room for customization.

In my opinion if they spent money on the suspension which i'm sure they will when they raise the price(because they will) the bike would be near perfect out the door for a stock inexpensive Motorcycle.

·
Registered
81 Posts
I'm waiting for "R" model with said suspension mods and brakes like the ST3 "R"
Not gonna happen, IMHO. Yamaha is not known to bring out "Special Edition" or "R" versions in sportbikes. I know they have one for the Bolt, but rarely do they bring one for the sportbikes. I guess they think if they sell the bike cheap enough, people will use aftermarket parts to make it whatever they want of the bike.

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
Not gonna happen, IMHO. Yamaha is not known to bring out "Special Edition" or "R" versions in sportbikes. I know they have one for the Bolt, but rarely do they bring one for the sportbikes. I guess they think if they sell the bike cheap enough, people will use aftermarket parts to make it whatever they want of the bike.
I don't know, maybe they will make an R model like the Street Trip's. One base model and one R model for more money. Even if they do it won't be for 2014, maybe 2015 if even then. For now they can't make the 09 fast enough. They're bringing the Orange model here at the last minute to help keep up with demand.

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
I think thats one of my favorite things about this bike, i get to upgrade it myself. And in the case of the suspension i don't feel bad about getting rid of it. Upgrading my VW GTI is almost pointless, it is perfect as is...although i am definitely going to upgrade the ECU. The 09 has a lot of room to improve, but the most important part, the engine is already amazing.

Reactions: v2Bob

·
Registered
7 Posts
It don't matter if R model. I just want updated suspension and brakes. Add on 1k to msrp to current model for 2015 and I'm there!

I have track bike and my street ride is 1st gen SV650 with modded suspension so I was going for ST3R to add to stable, until FZ9 came out with these fantastic reviews except for suspension. I love fully adjustable suspension.

I will wait and see...

·
Banned
161 Posts
Does anybody know when people can expect to get this issue of Sport Rider at their homes, or see it in news stands?? I want to get it asap!!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts