Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
835 Posts
Snuck in there with $10 to spare. Almost enough to fill the tank!

·
Registered
3,842 Posts
this engine is just the beez kneez. I got on my buddies new 1200cc harley the other day and i couldnt wait to get off it. I kept twisting the throttle and waiting for something that just never came.

This bike is exciting....always.

·
Super Moderator
5,763 Posts
Pretty much dead on with the write up. Suspension is definitely the weak link but easily fixed for sure. Thanks for the link.

·
Registered
835 Posts
I kept twisting the throttle and waiting for something that just never came.
That's what my wife says about me!

Reactions: MrJD410 and beck

·
Registered
601 Posts
this engine is just the beez kneez. I got on my buddies new 1200cc harley the other day and i couldnt wait to get off it. I kept twisting the throttle and waiting for something that just never came.
I'm always amused when I hear the deafening sound of a Harley hard on the gas but see it hardly move.

The FZ9 engine stomps everything on that list for sure.

But there are some nice bikes there.

I guess the KTM 390 is not under 8K?

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
Not a whole lot of competition in there for the FZ-09.

·
Registered
45 Posts
... I guess the KTM 390 is not under 8K?
Not available yet and no word on when it will be available other than some time in 2014. Based on how it is priced relative to the 690 and 1290 elsewhere, I'm thinking it will be well under $8k here - maybe $6k or a bit less. So on specs it will match vs the Ninja 300, but on price it'll be closer to the CBR500F - not sure how that'll work out for them.

Also, I'm thinking SR should've included the DR-Z400S in their list instead of the crazy heavy GW250.

·
Registered
38 Posts
The good news is that I happen to own 3 out of the 8 bikes on this list:cool:

1.The Honda Grom is my around town bike to have fun with
2. The Ninja 300 is my dedicated track/race bike
3. The FZ-09 is of course my do everything while trying not to loose my licenses hooligan machine!

·
Registered
34 Posts
any word that the 2015 models will improve the suspension and throttle problems? I am aware this is a first year bike so I would like to wait for the second year batch to see if there are going to be any improvements. I am also aware that there is never a bike that is stock perfect but would still like to see if the problems that are troublesome gets resolved.

·
Registered
4,498 Posts
I'm betting, based on Yamahas history of suspension and throttle issues, it shall remain the same as year one. For a decade. Or more. Just go ask an FZ1 owner, LOL

·
Registered
225 Posts
We have 2 of those in my garage......I guess that proved I'm a cheap ass!:eek:

·
Registered
350 Posts
any word that the 2015 models will improve the suspension and throttle problems? I am aware this is a first year bike so I would like to wait for the second year batch to see if there are going to be any improvements. I am also aware that there is never a bike that is stock perfect but would still like to see if the problems that are troublesome gets resolved.
You will wait forever for the perfect bike. Don't wait.

·
Registered
350 Posts
I will be very surprised if this bike is changed or offered at the same price in 2015. I predict 8,300 with no substantial changes in 2015.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts