Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Let me start by saying most accessories should be available in Jan 14 and we discussed about them. First of we talked about was the engine guards although very good quality even he thought the price was way to high he even asked me what i would pay, after some thought i told him $100-$150 but $250.00 was way to much. He asked me what things were people looking for i said seat, fly screen, exhaust and luggage. For those who want a rear rack they should be available now. After looking at the new Comfort Saddle it looks flat but neither of us could say 100% for sure. I saw the new radiator side covers imo they are just decoration. They say for protection but if the bike goes down it may not get scratched up but it is going to get bent and damaged. The mesh air scoop covers look good a lot of potential especially if you paint them blurple to match the wheels. The cowl they had on the bike does not match the one in the brochure and i did mention some of us would like to see one that comes up at least the top of the gauges. I enjoy going to the show in NYC but i have to say this show looked very sad a lot of vendors were missing. What it appears to me that just for instance HJC helmets who normally would have a nice booth of their own set up just sent a lot of stock to a local dealer and had them do the work for them. I would prefer them to be their they know the product and how to size and fit. They actually did have a booth i just used them as an example. While at the Yamaha booth people could not believe i have the bike good thing i had pictures. I could not believe they did not have a red bike to show or any other color why would they not have one you thing if you had the hot new bike everyone wants you do a full court press on it? Well thats all i got for now.

·
Banned
161 Posts
Seems to me like there are far more Graphite ones out there than Red...which is completely ass backwards IMO. Graphite and blurple?? Come on...

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Sounds like they had someone from marketing instead of sales... good to hear a solid date on availability... was going to place an order for the seat soon. :)

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
Seems to me like there are far more Graphite ones out there than Red...which is completely ass backwards IMO. Graphite and blurple?? Come on...
Yamaha's core color is blue. Just sayin

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Why were they surprised? Don't they know how many 09s have already been sold in the States? Or didn't they think you fit the demographic?

Thanks for the report.
The only reason i can think of is maybe their dealer does not have one yet or they are not aware of this fantastic website?

·
Registered
663 Posts
Yamaha USA is a complete joke in my view. Why such a delay on accessories when there are dozens available in Europe for the MT-09? A little planning would have gone a long way. The color choices and model choices are more plentiful in Europe. I don't understand why North America gets treated like a bastard step child. Maybe the U.S. just isn't that big of market share to them? I'm not blaming the dealers. This seems to be corporate decisions.

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
Yamaha USA is a complete joke in my view. Why such a delay on accessories when there are dozens available in Europe for the MT-09? A little planning would have gone a long way. The color choices and model choices are more plentiful in Europe. I don't understand why North America gets treated like a bastard step child. Maybe the U.S. just isn't that big of market share to them? I'm not blaming the dealers. This seems to be corporate decisions.
Nakeds in Europe far out sell America.

·
Registered
663 Posts
Yea Duck. I know you're right. I've traveled over quite a bit of Europe, and motorcycles are almost the preferred mode of transport in many places. I was blown away in Italy, to pull in to a town and see literally hundreds of bikes lined up on curbside. I was just venting my frustration and jealously over their selection. I really want the new MT-07 in "FZ" version. Here's hoping.

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
Why were they surprised? Don't they know how many 09s have already been sold in the States? Or didn't they think you fit the demographic?

Thanks for the report.
At the Dallas show, which was the second show, they didn't believe I had one either. They were trying to show it off to me and I told them "I already had one". They said no I didn't because it was brand new. They tried to tell me I had a FZ8. I said I had a Liquid Graphite FZ-09 and they didn't believe me. I then proceeded to asked them when was the U.S. going to get a FZ-07, and they pointed to the FZ-09 and said there it was. I then thought Oh Boy! Tried to tell them that Yamaha had unveiled a 689cc parallel twin MT-07 in Europe. They said in Europe it was labeled MT but here it was the FZ-09; I tried telling them they were two different bikes. But being one to not really give a sht I wasn't going to plead with them to believe me and just walked away thinking that those guys really don't know sht.

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
Yea Duck. I know you're right. I've traveled over quite a bit of Europe, and motorcycles are almost the preferred mode of transport in many places. I was blown away in Italy, to pull in to a town and see literally hundreds of bikes lined up on curbside. I was just venting my frustration and jealously over their selection. I really want the new MT-07 in "FZ" version. Here's hoping.
Yep, they need to bring the 07 here.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I don't think it's just USA. I ordered the engine protectors back in November for my bike (UK) and they said it normally takes a week to deliver. When I called them a week later they said Yamaha moved the delivery date to February! None of the dealers I called in London have any of the accessories, not even the tank guard. Ridiculous.

·
Registered
4,424 Posts
My friend in New York owns a FZ8. He went to the show and they would not let him sit on one. He showed them mine on Facebook, and asked them if he needed to fly to Tennessee to sit on one. I must say that Yamaha USA is doing everything in their power to prevent people from buying this bike.

·
Registered
3,008 Posts
... They tried to tell me I had a FZ8. I said I had a Liquid Graphite FZ-09 and they didn't believe me. ...
The persons you talked to deserve to have their names reported to Yamaha America for being rude to potential customers and ignorant of Yamaha bikes etc. That said, you have to feel a bit sorry for them, you know they have to talk to a lot of idiots at those shows lol.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
35 Posts
At the Dallas show, which was the second show, they didn't believe I had one either. They were trying to show it off to me and I told them "I already had one". They said no I didn't because it was brand new. They tried to tell me I had a FZ8. I said I had a Liquid Graphite FZ-09 and they didn't believe me. I then proceeded to asked them when was the U.S. going to get a FZ-07, and they pointed to the FZ-09 and said there it was. I then thought Oh Boy! Tried to tell them that Yamaha had unveiled a 689cc parallel twin MT-07 in Europe. They said in Europe it was labeled MT but here it was the FZ-09; I tried telling them they were two different bikes. But being one to not really give a sht I wasn't going to plead with them to believe me and just walked away thinking that those guys really don't know sht.

and these are the people that WORK for Yamaha!? wow, its no wonder we get the shaft here with people like that working for them.

·
Registered
877 Posts
Back in September when I was looking , a So Cal dealer had actually told me they weren't being released.

He was also trying to unload a new FZ on me.

Ended up buying my 1st out of Oregon early October, with the 2nd being from the same dealer, this week.

Reactions: v2Bob
1 - 20 of 30 Posts