Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
385 Posts
Don't know about you guys but I am psyched about this race. Vale is getting faster, so is J-Lo. Marky Marc does not give a shit since he is already champ and will likely win it or bin it in front of his home crowd. Don't forget Pedrosa who is also fighting for national pride.

Plus Suzuki back with RDP, he will surely send it down the road in a blaze of glory (since they already picked younger GP riders for the team next year).

Hopefully Hayden can work his way through the pack to give us yanks something to cheer about...

·
Super Moderator
4,338 Posts
I feel for Nicky. His time is over. What a shame Simoncelli couldn't be here giving it hell.
Wouldn't it be great if Vale could stand on the top step Sunday?

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Agree, but Nick had a charmed career. King in US, and motogp champ. Dontt forget he's making millions to ride a bike. I am a huge Super Sic fan, still remember the day of that race and still can't believe it. Would be great to see Vale win for us old timers, but damn marquez is fast.

·
Registered
612 Posts
Hard to believe they can lay those bikes down to 75-80° from vertical.. Just nuts, I salute them :icon_salut:

·
Super Moderator
5,734 Posts
Hard to believe they can lay those bikes down to 75-80° from vertical.. Just nuts, I salute them :icon_salut:
They aren't quite that steep. 60 to 61....maybe 62 is about all you're gonna see. I believe M.M.'s telemetry has show a 63 before. Remember though, they get some stickier tires that aren't available to anyone else in the world.

·
Registered
612 Posts
Still it's insane from my point of view, when I still have 3/4 of an inch chicken strips on my FZ.

Reactions: ridetofish

·
Super Moderator
5,734 Posts
I agree. Peggy and I watch every race and there are times that we both just look at each other and start laughing.......how do they do that and not crash? If I'm not mistaken, they also use 16.5" tires/wheels which also gives them a bit more "sidewall/shoulder" on the tire which also gives them a bit more lean angle than you would have with a normal 17" tire/wheel combo. Still, it's amazing for sure.

·
Registered
511 Posts
The things these guys can do on a motorcycle is beyond belief. I have watched Valentino since his 250 cc days and still say he is the best of the modern era although Marquez is off to a good start. Not sure he should have been allowed to bypass the rookie/satellite rule. Nicky didn't win a lot of races but in his championship season he finished on the podium in 8 consecutive races. Sure thought Spies was gonna be great after his WSBK championship. Did any of you guys watch Simoncelli in his 250 cc days? He was not a nice guy, even got suspended for questionable moves. Still he had huge potential and was doing well in MotoGP. I couldn't watch the crash and felt sick for a couple of days. I can only imagine how Rossi felt, wasn't he one of the guys that hit Marco? I wish more people were interested in roadracing, it really is entertaining. Oh well, seasons over, snow predicted for next week, time to watch football.

·
Banned
739 Posts
The things these guys can do on a motorcycle is beyond belief. I have watched Valentino since his 250 cc days and still say he is the best of the modern era although Marquez is off to a good start. Not sure he should have been allowed to bypass the rookie/satellite rule. Nicky didn't win a lot of races but in his championship season he finished on the podium in 8 consecutive races. Sure thought Spies was gonna be great after his WSBK championship. Did any of you guys watch Simoncelli in his 250 cc days? He was not a nice guy, even got suspended for questionable moves. Still he had huge potential and was doing well in MotoGP. I couldn't watch the crash and felt sick for a couple of days. I can only imagine how Rossi felt, wasn't he one of the guys that hit Marco? I wish more people were interested in roadracing, it really is entertaining. Oh well, seasons over, snow predicted for next week, time to watch football.
Rossi and Edwards both hit Marco when he fell and slid across the track. It was still the second lap of the race, so the pack was tight. It was an unfortunate racing incident.

His helmet came off, that should never happen. IMO, AGV bears some responsibility. I'm surprised there wasn't a lawsuit.

·
Banned
739 Posts
Tomorrow: Rossi is on Pole!!! MM crashed at the end of the session and will start 5th.

I was at Indy this year. Every other person there had Rossi shirt on. A lot of his fans from overseas. The sport is going to take a huge hit when he retires in two years.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
The helmet strap is designed to break loose after a certain (large) amount of force as a last-ditch effort. Any more force and it would just pull your head off literally, so the theory is to let the strap break and hope that was the last impact taken.

·
Super Moderator
5,734 Posts
I was watching the race when the Simoncelli incident occurred........you just knew it was bad from seeing it....horrible! I really liked Spies a lot and thought, like a lot of folks that he was going to really shine in GP. I still have an HJC RPH Spies replica helmet that I wear all the time. Oh, and I thought they did away with the rookie rule a couple of years ago

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
The helmet strap broke on Simonchellis bike because Rossi's front tire sawed it in half.

·
Super Moderator
5,734 Posts
A front tire sawed a helmet strap in two............pretty hard to comprehend for me!

Reactions: Crosshairs

·
Registered
2,476 Posts
A front tire sawed a helmet strap in two............pretty hard to comprehend for me!
he was running one of these up front..they are bit greasy on the turns, but great on the straights....

1591304_2000x2000.jpg

1 - 20 of 25 Posts