Good news: Spiegler has developed brake line kits for the FZ-09.
Better news: Stoltec Moto is running a group buy for these kits!
Why upgrade to Spiegler brake lines on your bike? Several reasons come to mind:
- Firmer lever feel, due to reduced brake line swell as is typical with rubber lines.
- Lifetime warranty. Unlike the stock rubber lines which breakdown with UV exposure and repeated load cycles, a quality stainless steel line will outlast the bike. Most OEM's recommend a 2-4 year replacement on all rubber lines.
- Stainless steel crimp fittings. OEM, and many aftermarket companies, use coated carbon steel.
- All of Spiegler's offerings are DOT-approved, which means A) these kits are legal for road use, and B) these kits were designed and pressure tested to ensure trouble-free use.
- Patented adjustable banjo fittings eliminate line twist, and in some cases, allow for repurposing lines with different master cylinders and calipers.
- Front, stock replacement (first bike from left in picture, below)
- Front, 2 line 'parallel' kit (second bike from left in picture, below)
- Rear brake line
Here is what the 2-line 'parallel' kit looks like on the bike:
The stock replacement kit utilizes all existing mounting clips and grommets, but we do not have a picture to show at this time. Use your imagination for the time being...
There are a multitude of line and fitting colors with 117 possible color combinations. The best way to see what a color combo looks like is to visit Spiegler's webpage and use their color configurator. Go to: Spiegler Performance Parts - Motorcycle Brake Line Kits and select the 'Brake Line Color Selector' at the bottom left. Enjoy...
As a courtesy for you guys, we're also doing a special on brake fluid and speed bleeders to make this a one-stop shop for you. Brake fluid is going to be Motul RBF600. If you aren't familiar with it, Google it! It's one of the best brake fluids on the market that us 'mere mortals' can afford. High wet and dry boiling points (421F and 594F, respectively), and even bottled in an inert Nitrogen environment to mitigate abmbient air hygroscopic concerns.