Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

41 - 52 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
2016 XSR900 60th Anniv. Edition
1,662 Posts
I don't think either video is of bill64. I think they're just examples of what he's experiencing. Disconcerting for sure, and not normal. I've never experienced anything like that on my bike.

As for the 2nd video of the guy on the FJ... Head shake is the least of his worries. Good example of suicidal lane-splitting technique... ?

·
Registered
159 Posts
These are not my videos.I put them here. to show you the way it moves.It starts at 166kms/h and worsens at 180 and up like on the second video.Is there a tyre compination that dampens this phenomenon?I live in Greece.

·
Registered
2016 XSR900 60th Anniv. Edition
1,662 Posts
Make sure the basics are covered: Proper tire pressure... Tires are in good condition... Suspension is adjusted properly for your weight... Rear wheel is aligned... Neutral riding position, with a light touch on the bars and a firm grip on the tank...

·
Registered
4,840 Posts
Deleted

·
Registered
4,840 Posts
These are not my videos.I put them here. to show you the way it moves.It starts at 166kms/h and worsens at 180 and up like on the second video.Is there a tyre compination that dampens this phenomenon?I live in Greece.
That's not a great idea. Most of us know what a headshake and a wobble is like.
As I said before, I have Road 5's on my bike and it's stable to 185, and I recently did a sweeper at 150ish without a problem. Our roads a less than billiard table smooth too.
Also, rider input can cause wobbles to start, and/or worsen. Mainly if you have a death grip on the bars.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Thank you for your help so far!What is not agood idea?.Ialso put Hyperpro rear spring and at the second place from full soft, I have 38mm sag.Also with 2.25fr 2.5rear,and 1,5 turns open the rebound ,the bike seeme better.The weather does not permitt further testing.

·
Registered
4,840 Posts
Putting up vids of a different bike. It confuses the issue.
As for the specs, 38mm is a tad too much, I run 33 - 35mm. You might want to try a bit more ride height at the rear if the shock is height adjustable. I'm running 9mm more than stock. If you don't have height adjustment, you could raise the forks in the clamps by 5mm.
It's counterintuitive, but members have found it helps stability. Probably by loading the front tyre a bit more.

Make changes one at a time and test, so that you can identify the effects.

·
Registered
2 Posts
42 pounds of rear tire pressure is insanely stupid. Do I believe L. Ron Hubbard because he wrote a book on Scientology. 45 years of riding and I have never put that much pressure in a tire. Anything above 38 feel sketchy. Learn to trust your born senses.
Yes 42 PSI is too high, better to use 2.9 bar

·
Registered
2 Posts
Speed wobbles are usually a suspension problem. There are users complaining about the handle bars been to high, so the weight goes more to back and makes the front very light, especially under acceleration. Other kind of problem are high windshield and air turbulence.. And yes, front defective tyres also cause speed woobles.

·
Registered
151 Posts
I'm getting wobble now after new front tire install, I had zero I mean zero shake with old worn out orig front tire 2016 Bridgestone S20 battleax with 6200 miles on it.

The old tire had a weird shape to it worn more on the sides then in the middle . Now under hard excel im getting a wobble on onramps and roads I've been riding since I bought the bike that I never had before.

The only thing changed was the tire. To a S21 they don't make the old S20 tire anymore so I was told. I'm going to try more pressure in the front I have the at 36 cold both .

·
Registered
151 Posts
I'll try them next time, front tire has 200 miles on it. I'm going to get a steering stablelyser to hold me over until I move to the mt10 next summer.

Is there a good priced one that will help that's not cumbersome , I've seen the 500 ones , I just need a little help the wobble.
I'm looking at a strut type
I know they are lot cheaper.

41 - 52 of 52 Posts