Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

Speed limiter question

8K views 18 replies 13 participants last post by  jcfrayne 
#1 ·
I want to do away with the speed limiter but don't want to do a reflash I don't want to change any of my mapping and don't plan on doing any upgrades other then a slip on. There any way to do away with the speed limiter only?

#12 · (Edited)
Plus, there are individual fuel maps for each gear if I remember correctly. And, there are separate maps for "A", "B", and "STD" mode If you fool the ECU to thinking it's in let's say third gear.....would the fuel mapping be correct if you are actually in fifth or sixth gear? I don't know!

Reactions: marthy
#13 · (Edited)
There's a map per gear for each 3 modes. That's RPM/TPS, RPM/PSI, Throttle, ignition, acceleration pump... there's no end to it. That's 72 fuel maps! Not saying they are all different... but still. Ah... each cylinder are map individually... make it 216 fuel maps.

So when you look at it this way... unless Yamaha had 3 years to built a "perfect map" for every single elevation change and temperature difference. I think they did good for a first run.

#14 ·
i think nick mentioned that while the ecu can have different fuel maps for each gear, the fuel maps as currently delivered from the factory are the same across all gears.

the fuel injection automatically compensates for elevation and temperature changes (that's what the air pressure and air temp sensors are for), but some systems do this better than others. racers looking to squeeze out every last fraction of horsepower might remap for large elevation changes, but most of us normal folk can't be bothered or afford to.

#15 ·
If you don't want the speed limiter do what everybody else suggested and get Nick @ Stoltec Moto to flash it for you.

My review here

I started at about 400 feet above MSL and went to around 6000 this weekend and didn't feel like was any issue. The bike is a lot better now for a mere $100.

my .02

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.