Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Actually should've posted these last week but got distracted actually riding instead =P weather has been beautiful, which is something you can't sleep on in New England.

Boss Audio MC600B speakers painted black and installed, and I'm honestly amazed at how they came out. I was worried about finding a spot to mount them that wouldn't look ridiculous, and I think I found the perfect spot. And of course had to get some decals made. Such a popular bike, I needed at least a little something to make this one mine. Still need a windscreen, corbin gunfighter+lady seat, exhaust, bar end mirrors, and some other random things... Going to be an expensive Summer..

By the way, before I put the speakers on I searched the forum and didn't see any other posts about audio on this bike. If anyone wants a write-up or quick review on these let me know and I'll post something.

IMAG1298.jpg

IMAG1301.jpg

IMAG1305.jpg

IMAG1303.jpg

IMAG1300.jpg

Reactions: rtsb

·
Registered
3,842 Posts
Wow never seen speakers on a sport bike. Pretty cool, I would imagine they have to be pretty loud to hear through the wind noise and a full face helmet though?

·
Registered
657 Posts
Do you ride with full face helmet? I've always wondered how people hear the speakers when riding.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I've always had naked bikes, and always put speakers on them. I switch back and forth between my full face and a half helmet depending on if I have a passenger or the weather, but I can hear these particular speakers pretty well under 50mph with either helmet. I could turn them up a bit more but they will start to distort, and at those speeds the wind noise will end up distorting your hearing anyway, regardless of how loud your speakers are, so really they're designed to make riding around town more enjoyable, not highway or riding aggressive. It's much safer than helmet speakers, as you can listen to your tunes without cutting yourself off from everything else going on around you.

I'll be putting on either an ermax or puig windscreen once I can find a deal on one, I'll let you guys know how that affects it.

·
Registered
657 Posts
Being able to listen to music but still hear your surroundings sounds ideal for sure.

Reactions: Lee Drew

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
I thought speakers and stereos were for Hog Leg Ferguson's.

Saw a big o'l bagger last weekend. Boy howdy did he have a deluxe system.

He had a large power booster driving four 6X9's.

You could hear him coming for miles, even above the exhaust noise.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Sometimes I wish I was into cruisers for that very reason. I'd build 4 speakers into the fairing and put a sub in the back lol. But just not my type of bike right now, and I go crazy without music (I end up whistling commercial theme songs or something lol)

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
Reactions: IROC57

·
Registered
4,444 Posts
When I pull up beside a guy in his car blaring music at the red light, that is when I have to test the dB rating of my exhaust, lol.

·
Registered
654 Posts
Did you bolt them to the headlight housing bolts?

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Speakers on bikes really annoy me. Booming sound systems in cars annoy me. I don't want to hear your music. Your taste in music SUCKS.
Well as guilty as I feel for annoying you, I'm going to enjoy the %#!/ out of myself regardless ;).

And @ River: yep those are the top side bolts for the housing. Theyre solid but needed some thread lock. Speakers are a few lbs so a couple wheelies and they loosened just enough to rotate breaker. Adding one more rubber washer and some thread lock has held up for a couple hundred miles now though so I think we're golden.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Sometimes I wish I was into cruisers for that very reason. I'd build 4 speakers into the fairing and put a sub in the back lol. But just not my type of bike right now, and I go crazy without music (I end up whistling commercial theme songs or something lol)
Depending on your speed and wind noise you might be better off with them on the FZ. This bike is very, very quiet when cruising at low rpms. :)

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
^ Anybody but you dude, Cecil does not like Overly critical and obnoxious people. I think some of my psychology degree rubbed off on him. You could learn a lot about yourself from a psychiatrist...
Talking in second person requires some psychiatry help don't you think?

·
Registered
276 Posts
Talking in second person requires some psychiatry help don't you think?
Cecil is MY DOG and NOT ME, I think just about everyone here knows that except for you. Don't you have anyone to harass in the real world, or do you need to harass people online to make yourself feel like a man? Pretty pathetic dude, as I said previously if you want to push someone around then stick with your girlfriend/wife or get some professional help.

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
Cecil is MY DOG and NOT ME, I think just about everyone here knows that except for you. Don't you have anyone to harass in the real world, or do you need to harass people online to make yourself feel like a man? Pretty pathetic dude, as I said previously if you want to push someone around then stick with your girlfriend/wife or get some professional help.
So you are telling me that your DOG does not like obnoxious people? Did your dog tell you that? I see your are still a bit miffed about the "poser" comment. That isn't harassment by any means....and if you really did have a degree in psychology ..you would know that. Calling someone a poser is an opinion...not a harassment. And yes....I think that anybody that builds a box for their dog on a motorcycle is a poser. An opinion further reinforced by writing the Dogs name on the box...and attaching huge stickers on the rear. It's nothing more than a desperate attempt for attention....and that my friend is what a poser is.

·
Registered
276 Posts
So you are telling me that your DOG does not like obnoxious people? Did your dog tell you that? I see your are still a bit miffed about the "poser" comment. That isn't harassment by any means....and if you really did have a degree in psychology ..you would know that. Calling someone a poser is an opinion...not a harassment. And yes....I think that anybody that builds a box for their dog on a motorcycle is a poser. An opinion further reinforced by writing the Dogs name on the box...and attaching huge stickers on the rear. It's nothing more than a desperate attempt for attention....and that my friend is what a poser is.
Is there a moderator on this forum?

·
Registered
4,444 Posts
CD599, this time your post was way out of line and I am sure there are a lot of other members who would agree. I view this as a personal attack on another member for no good reason what so ever.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Depending on your speed and wind noise you might be better off with them on the FZ. This bike is very, very quiet when cruising at low rpms. :)

You're right it is quiet as far as exhaust and engine noise goes. It is a naked bike however (which I'm used to) and the wind noise is going to be atrocious no matter what. Hopefully the touring windscreen cuts down on it

1 - 20 of 32 Posts