Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Time to change the plugs...was hoping to do the job tonight. Called the dealer for a part number, they gave me NGK CPR9EA. I have been around bikes for a long time..I have never heard of a model CPR. Dealer said it was not in their system. I called Advanced, it was not in their system either. Anyone replace these yet? Where did you get them? I noticed a couple of threads where guys are using IR plugs now...what part number are you using? Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
3,079 Posts
Time to change the plugs...was hoping to do the job tonight. Called the dealer for a part number, they gave me NGK CPR9EA. I have been around bikes for a long time..I have never heard of a model CPR. Dealer said it was not in their system. I called Advanced, it was not in their system either. Anyone replace these yet? Where did you get them? I noticed a couple of threads where guys are using IR plugs now...what part number are you using? Thanks for the help.
NGK+CPR9EA - JEGS High Performance

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hoping to find it local....wanted to do the job tonight.

Napa does not have it....another local shop did not have it either....still searching...

·
Registered
21 Posts
Good luck I had to order mine eBay. Your best bet is to call local cycle motorsports stores. Honda will probably carry the CPR8EA9 just a hotter plug.

·
Registered
520 Posts
I went a step hotter on mine, dealership should be able to look it right up for you and have it in stock.

·
Registered
835 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I ended up using Amazon Prime..I will have them by Saturday. I called numerous shops in town, no one had them, and most did not even list them.

Reactions: v2Bob

·
Registered
1,744 Posts

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
Curious on why you went up in heat range? 8? Any benefit from it?
Benefit? Of course....his bike now runs hotter.

Reactions: Rexster

·
Registered
55 Posts
How many miles do you collect before you change the plugs?

·
Registered
49 Posts
Good luck I had to order mine eBay. Your best bet is to call local cycle motorsports stores. Honda will probably carry the CPR8EA9 just a hotter plug.
I'm actually going to the cpr8 tomorrow hoping it will help keep the fuel out of my sump

·
Registered
49 Posts
Do you see/smell gas in your oil?
Yes. To the point my clutch slips constantly under acceleration. I'm a bigger guy too (6'2" 240lbs) so I'm sure that doesn't help. Its gotten to the point I'm ready to trade it in. Ive been on bikes on and off my whole life and haven't ever had clutch issues. This is the second clutch and is Yamaha oem replacement. The bike doesn't have 9k miles. I don't know what to do. My trims put me anywhere from 13.2-14.5. Under load it may be richer but exhaust doesn't smell rich at all (no cat) and I dont smell like exhaust after riding.

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
Sounds like this may be your first time doing plugs on this bike. I had a hell of a time getting mine out of the head once loose and started without cross threading. Found a helpful tip on here to use a bit of rubber fuel line. It fits over the "top" (opposite the spark side) portion real snug so you can control the plug easier. For whatever reason my spark plug socket will absolutely not hold on to those bastards.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Sounds like this may be your first time doing plugs on this bike. I had a hell of a time getting mine out of the head once loose and started without cross threading. Found a helpful tip on here to use a bit of rubber fuel line. It fits over the "top" (opposite the spark side) portion real snug so you can control the plug easier. For whatever reason my spark plug socket will absolutely not hold on to those bastards.
I've changed them not long ago. Yea, it can be tricky sometimes but it went smoothly last time.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts