Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I couldn't find any spark plug I do other than the stock ones that come on the bike (NGK cpr9ea9) so I googled alternatives and got to a sparkplug cross reference website. And saw these 4 options.

Just curios if anyone's changed our the stock ones and if ya did what'd you go with and why!
I just want the best for my little 9er.

I was looking at the denso iridium's, not a spark plug expert but they seem to be the highest quality but maybe overkill or pieces of crap I really don't know.... Someone enlighten me please. Any info would be great!

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,008 Posts
Have you made any power related changes? Aren't stock plugs usually good these days? Maybe wait until you have 10,000 miles etc on your 09. I don't recall other forum members talking about using other plugs.

·
Registered
160 Posts
i just hit 10k and im going t0 put the oem plugs in if they design a performance enginne they wont skimp on plugs youd think

·
Registered
4,424 Posts
Iridium plugs are super expense, but I have had good luck with them over the years. My Honda came with them new, and I switched my WR250R to them. They slightly improved the performance. The good news is that when they start to go away, you will know because the bike will hesitate slightly when leaving from a stop or romp on it. I would get about 10,000 miles out of a set. I only ride about 5,000 miles a year, so a set will get me two years.

·
Registered
473 Posts
I think the manual says change at 8000 miles. They don't look easy to change either. The iridium plugs would be worth it if they last twice as long otherwise go with the OEM. Safest option anyway.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Good points made, I'm only at about 4,000 miles right now but was just thinking ahead so I don't end up buying the first thing i see. But I guess OEM will probably will do the trick when I get closer to 10K

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

1 - 6 of 6 Posts