Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2015 FZ 09
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just dreaming and waiting for Summer... who else is sick of covid lockdowns and winter weather and JUST WANTS TO RIDE?! Where are the Ontario people from on here? I'm in Hamilton and usually find myself on Ridge Road to Niagara Falls on a nice day. Are there any favourite spots you have to ride around Ontario?

·
Registered
47 Posts
Supposed to hit 70*F here in California this weekend ;) Also tired of the lockdown...mainly the fact that all the restaurants are all takeout only. I've been working from home for nearly a year and dont mind it much. Fiancee and I got a puppy last year which helped with his training haha

·
Registered
2015 FZ 09
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well goooooooood for you LOL it's hovered around freezing here for the last month but it has been a fairly mild winter so I'm not complaining too much. :D

·
Registered
47 Posts
Haha I actually want some bad weather so that I can tear the bike apart to install a few things without missing out on any good riding weather. How's the lockdown up there? We had a more strict stay at home order over the holidays which was set to expire today(?) that has now been extended until further notice 🤦‍♂️

·
Registered
278 Posts
Ontario here, I'm in Kitchener and usually do the tour from Kitchener through Cambridge out to Paris and stop at Stillwaters restaurant for a refreshment overlookinig the Grand before taking the alternate route back. I know there are a couple spots in Hamilton that are supposed to get twisty like Snake rd in the Waterdown area. Also look up Sulphur Springs Rd which is on the west side. If you're looking for a longer tour I would head north and hit Appleby Ln. through the Kelso area and take some back roads through Guelph over to the very popular Forks of the credit in Caledon. I believe Niagara has some good roads but I'm not as familiar. Maybe this summer I'll seek out some of the roads south east of Kitchener.

·
Registered
2015 FZ 09
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Haha I actually want some bad weather so that I can tear the bike apart to install a few things without missing out on any good riding weather. How's the lockdown up there? We had a more strict stay at home order over the holidays which was set to expire today(?) that has now been extended until further notice 🤦‍♂️
Yeah they just started a new stay at home order, essential business and travel only... grocery, doctor, exercise... IMO everything we do is essential to our wellbeing and mental health so this is just going to make more people go crazy. At least I can work on my bike, and when spring comes, I'm riding. They can try and stop me. lol

Ontario here, I'm in Kitchener and usually do the tour from Kitchener through Cambridge out to Paris and stop at Stillwaters restaurant for a refreshment overlookinig the Grand before taking the alternate route back. I know there are a couple spots in Hamilton that are supposed to get twisty like Snake rd in the Waterdown area. Also look up Sulphur Springs Rd which is on the west side. If you're looking for a longer tour I would head north and hit Appleby Ln. through the Kelso area and take some back roads through Guelph over to the very popular Forks of the credit in Caledon. I believe Niagara has some good roads but I'm not as familiar. Maybe this summer I'll seek out some of the roads south east of Kitchener.
Snake Road is decent, but it's short, and I've rode it back and forth 1000x now lol. Sulphur Springs is good too but I find it's just slow tight sandy turns, not the best for this bike. Forks is good when you don't get stuck behind some slow cars or harleys :D . The ride to the grand sounds nice! I wanted to hit up some roads in upstate NY this year, really hoping the borders open back up!

·
Registered
120 Posts
Neighbor to the east of Ontario here, from the South Shore of Montreal. Working from home during the week (in IT) and woodworking in the garage on weekends...sometimes staring at the FZ09 sitting there...begging to be taken out. We too, can't wait for this crap to be over and be able to resume a "normal" life. Miss camping in the Adirondacks and/or riding there. Beautiful roads.

Right now, lock down in Quebec is from 8pm to 5am. BUT! since we have a dog, we can take it for a walk past 8pm, as long as it is close to the house.

Counting the days til spring!

Reactions: feliks

·
Registered
2020 MT-09
687 Posts
Feeling for you guys. I'd go nuts if I was still in a lockdown. I never understood the times as if COVID is part vampire and only comes out at night. Not a Canadian but have a lot of family from your area. Sucks not being able to get into Canada to see them. Have an uncle waiting to get treatment for cancer up there and can't even go to help out.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Feeling for you guys. I'd go nuts if I was still in a lockdown. I never understood the times as if COVID is part vampire and only comes out at night. Not a Canadian but have a lot of family from your area. Sucks not being able to get into Canada to see them. Have an uncle waiting to get treatment for cancer up there and can't even go to help out.
It's just stupid politicians following the direction of other countries. Curfew has it's benefits in some of the European countries because their community will gather in the streets after dinner until late in the evening for social gatherings. Stats have proven it's been beneficial for those countries for the 60+ crowd but it's a different culture here in Canada. The curfew in Quebec is just bonkers IMO

·
Registered
278 Posts
It's all about govmt control and it's working.
I don't really think this is all about government control so much as it is about liability as these leaders don't want peoples deaths on their hands but it's really showing the lack of adaptability of our political leaders to make the right choices for our specific regions. I'll just leave it at that though before this thread gets highjacked as I really would like to know more good roads in Southwestern Ontario for rides.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I’ll have to keep that route saved! I’m just over the border in Buffalo. Really hoping g border opens soon, I miss seeing my Canadian friends and have a few favorite restaurants across the bridge. I’m usually up that way at least once a month and head up to MTL for a weekend or two a year. When it does open hit me up and I’ll show ya some good WNY roads !
ps if you cross over somewhat regularly don’t have Nexus you’re missing out , it’s the best $50 you’ll ever spend

·
Registered
116 Posts
Ottawa here. Between the scenic river parkways, Gatineau hills, and all those twisty roads west of the city, what's not to love?

Well, there's the lockdowns of course, and the Orwellian tactics progressive leadership of our politicians and social media.

(This post was modified by Google for violations of our terms of service, and the OP has been relocated to Nunavut. You're safe now.)

·
Registered
2015 FZ 09
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Ottawa here. Between the scenic river parkways, Gatineau hills, and all those twisty roads west of the city, what's not to love?

Well, there's the lockdowns of course, and the Orwellian tactics progressive leadership of our politicians and social media.

(This post was modified by Google for violations of our terms of service, and the OP has been relocated to Nunavut. You're safe now.)
LOL! Oh noooo

1 - 16 of 16 Posts