Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I will be leaving for california in Oct. now i believe and was looking for ppl to ride with out there since I will be new to the state and the whole west coast at that.

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
We're really sorry for your unfortunate relocation. Regrettably sometimes we have to do things that are deplorable. Make the best of your situation and we mourn your plight.

·
Registered
26 Posts
If you like twisties I have some beautiful things to show you. If you like coffee we should chill. If you like living, hello, sir, let's ride
Long beach

·
Registered
26 Posts
So it's October. You hear yet?? Riding alone is getting to me! Let's go have some fun! Twisties coffee wheelies wind cuties eyein you let's dooo this!

Santa Monica mountains tomorrow at 7 am. Leaving ling beach at 6. Be there or be NOT having a blast in some gorgeous canyons

Reactions: cjhorton

·
Registered
365 Posts
Hey yattattak as soon as I get my first service done ill be ready to ride with you. Ive got 330 miles now and expect to be at 600 by friday after its done ill be good to go. It is lonley being the only fz owner nobody to relate how awesome this bike really is. Let me know

·
Registered
365 Posts
Muhholand hwy sounds like it would be a blast on the 09. Maby a trip to the rock store also havent been there in a long time

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It is my doing to be moving there. I leave for california oct 20th. hopefully to be there Nov. 1st as we are making a few stops along the way to be tourist. I wish I was there now. but i have things to take care of before I leave.

I will take you up on twisties and coffee for sure. I want to see all of the west coast that I can. thanks all for the replies and invites. I will keep everyone posted on my location status.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Yeah I got this bike because I was putting more miles getting TO the canyons on my canyon machine than I was banking back and forth, so FZ9 is the name of my new best buddy. Burbank is doable. So far I've been switching off between Azusa Canyon and Mulholland / Santa Monica / Malibu. When I get these hand guards I'm cool with anywhere though
Dantheman you would have been grinning ear to ear to see people reaction at the rock store last Sunday. Ten people swooped on me while parking:
Is that the Yamaha triple? Is it as light as they're saying? How's the torque?
Barely had time to breath between puffs plus I'm cracked up on adrenaline getting off this jet aircraft.

I'm in the same boat as you, hoping to do my service (or have it done, gotta check the warranty) before this weekend. You choose where we go, early Sunday morning is best for my traffic-induced stress disorder :p

·
Registered
26 Posts
KMonster have you read Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance yet?

Very life affirming book for me. Scope it if you have time for a domer of a read

·
Registered
26 Posts
Dan I'm cruising up to the Santa Monica mountains again early tomorrow morning. If you wanna cruise shoot me your number. I'd be down for a nice leisurely sesh on PCH around sunset, but we might need to stop by Main in Huntington to get a new pair of shades

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
Mulholland is in my backyard, hit me up next time your in the woods.

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
Went for a ride on Mulholland yesterday afternoon and thought I had spotted an FZ-09, was that anyone one of you on here?

·
Registered
39 Posts
Not me but I would like to go there soon since I have never ridden there yet.

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
Thinking about riding down to San Diego next week for a day or two. I Want to take some coastal and back canyon roads to and from. If you want to ride with me or meet me there let me know.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Sounds fun! My canyon experience is limited but that would be awesome. When are you planning the ride? I will join if I am free.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
Sounds fun! My canyon experience is limited but that would be awesome. When are you planning the ride? I will join if I am free.

When is still up in the air for me.

I'm thinking about early Wednesday, Thursday or Friday. What does your schedule look like this coming week?

·
Registered
39 Posts
This month I have Monday, Friday, and Saturdays off except for the 16th (sat).

1 - 20 of 52 Posts