Assembly/setup/prep $499
Dealer Handling $199
Service contract $590 (Y.E.S) Yamaha Extended Service 48 months
sub total $9,833
tax $596
battery fee $3.50
Tag title registration $138

TOTAL = $10,672

I came to the dealer with no ride home on a Saturday @ 1:30pm after taking a 7 hour 200 mile bus ride to Orlando Florida.
no down payment put good credit 738 fico. Was out the door by 3pm

All in all it would have cost me 2k more in my town.
I'm happy with the bike because it comes with the best of both worlds. The torque of a vtwin and mid high power of a inline 4.

Cons
my abs took a poop on the ride home which was actually great because that poops for people that cant ride/ took out the fuses to make sure it dosent come on.(just made a bunch of friends didnt I)
Traction control can suck it too but luckily you can turn it off at start.
The parking light key position doesn't work. no lights come on in park position.
seat foam could use some more give, but the hardness probably seasons over time.
no helmet lock or I just cant find it.
front turn signals go right in the trash and are not even led(it's 2018)
fly by wire throttle chop(probably what has been killing your alls cam chain tensioners and clutch plates)

Pros
I like the streetfighter look and really like the motor characteristics.
Seeing as all new sport bikes are $15k now this bikes a bargain.
It's a yamaha come on. They used to be the most expensive of the top 4 main brands
I'm actuall going to try and not turn this bike into a complete pile of garbage in a year. building a cage this week to protect that beautiful engine.

·
Registered
354 Posts
IIRC, parking light key position PLUS hit the hazard switch.

[On the Internet no one knows you're a dog]

·
Registered
354 Posts
Just checked the manual.
Yup, that's how it's supposed to work.

[On the Internet no one knows you're a dog]

·
Registered
132 Posts
Hah! I can't even get the key into the parking light position. Anyhow, welcome to the forum...

Edit: Oh I just got it go into that position. Had to turn the bars slightly to the right. Duh!

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
So one more thing to say about this bike so far. There is no thread lock on any of the bolts at all anywhere. I just started to fabricate a cage for it and when I took out the engine bolts handle bar bolt every bolt, there is not one drop of thread lock. These bikes torque vibrate almost like a vtwin so I'm gonna tip all with atleast the blue thread lock. I wish I had the kawasaki pink stuff
pretty much just copying the impktech cage. Theirs looked the best. Cost of material $40 and a case of beer
cagea2.gif
cagea1.gif
cagea3.gif
if anybody has any ideas on shit you've always wanted to add but it dosent exist let me know and I can try to accommodate .

1 - 6 of 6 Posts