Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good morning all. I figured this would be a better spot than the tech area for this question, so here it goes. I live down in Miami and the true sport scene is somewhat non existent. Been riding my FZ for over a year now, and it is definitely time to sort this suspension out. Granted, I weigh 140 lbs. with gear on, but the thing is still sprung to soft and the chassis really gets unsettled under "hard" cornering. My question really comes in two parts..what sort of spring rate should I be looking at for my weight and does anyone on here know of a reputable sport bike suspension tuner who can install/set up a base line comp/rebound/pre-load setting down in South Florida. Thanks for the help in advance.

·
Premium Member
2,805 Posts
GMD Ftl, Motorcycle Chassis Frame Repair and Suspension
I normally don't recommend anything to anyone but I have been totally satisfied with GMD Computrack in Pompano Beach.
Eric went through my forks, installed Race Tech springs, a Gold Valve and then worked with me until I was satisfied. The Race Tech guidelines made the forks way to stiff, at least for me anyway.
His work is quality, on time and priced fairly. Tell him Les sent you and maybe I can get a "travel mug!"

1 - 3 of 3 Posts