Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I posted the other day looking for road suggestions that would take a group of us Canucks around the Hell/Pinkney area. Phil, meinschaft on the forum, was kind enough to pm me with his phone number to share some of his favorite roads. He also said to text him when we crossed the border and if he could he would join us for a bit. We hooked up and it wasnt for a bit it was for the day. Had a fantastic day of riding at a spirited clip..good roads..good weather and a new friend..it doesnt get much better than that! Hell really is the name of the town..so I can now say Ive been to Hell and back:D!
Thanx again Phil!

·
Registered
500 Posts
Haha, I only took you guys on the easy roads. saved the good ones for next time. Very glad you enjoyed the day as much as I did. Don't tell anyone how nice the roads are, I don't want them getting crowded.

·
Premium Member
2,427 Posts
I am amazed how many people here refuse to connect with other owners for a meet up.
They seem to think they're not good enough or too good or would just rather type than ride.
After attending the first FZ09 East Coast Rally years ago I've made it a point to meet other members for some adventures.
Never have I been disappointed, always enjoyed their company and a few have turned into lifelong family friends.
Good for you guys, wish I had been there.
Any photos?

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Shamrock we had a blast! Phil is a great guy, young lad of 70 yrs old and the man can ride! May sound kind of corny but it didnt take very long and he felt like an old friend too all of us. Had a lot of fun and looking forward to future rides with him. One of the guys took some pics but he sent them to me on messenger all in one big file so I'll see if he can add them separately. In the video clip Phil is the one sitting at the table with black T shirt and sunglasses..the others are part of the Canuck contingent. 10 of us are heading down to North Carolina for a week in Sept. and we put Phil on the standby list if anyone cancels.

·
Registered
500 Posts
I'm not one that favors group rides but I felt sorry for these guys over in the Windsor area - which is flat as a pancake and where 'elevation changes' are measured in inches. Now they know where some great roads are, less than an hour from their homes. Yeah, I had a great time.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts