·
Registered
28 Posts
Oh yeah I can dig on that!

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
5,699 Posts
Sounds throaty, but probably not quite loud enough. I don't like terribly loud pipes, but usually a bit more than stock sound levels are what does it for me. By the looks of that exhaust system on there, it is a one piece unit, welded together and probably not going to have any slipons available. Unless one of the aftermarket companies gets creative, the only thing available my be a full system.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Sounds throaty, but probably not quite loud enough. I don't like terribly loud pipes, but usually a bit more than stock sound levels are what does it for me. By the looks of that exhaust system on there, it is a one piece unit, welded together and probably not going to have any slipons available. Unless one of the aftermarket companies gets creative, the only thing available my be a full system.
Whats the problem with a welded system? The stock exhaust on my SV is *was* welded into one piece. You just need a sawzall and some patience, then you slip the 'slip-on' right on and clamp her down.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I was sort of hoping it would sound more like the crossplane R1 blat. Whatever though, I'll take what i can get with 414lbs/65lbs of torque!

·
Registered
96 Posts
Actually it looks like the muffler is bolted right onto the cat converter and not welded. The cat probably weighs 30lbs though. Might want to remove that cat.

http://image.motorcyclistonline.com/f/firstrides/122_1306_2014_yamaha_fz_09/47681387+w799+h499+cr1+ar0/122-1306-04-o+2014-yamaha-FZ-09+exhaust.jpg

1 - 10 of 10 Posts