Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Back from work today, decide to stop at a friend house, brake a lil bit, first thing i know, i'm getting down. The bike slide on sand and small rock and lay down on his left side. Lucky that wasn't fast and I was wearing my jacket and small gloves.

Soared wrist and pain in the left elbow. Relax for tonight with ice, and will see tomorrow morning with doctor if it is more than pain.

The damage:

Front wheel need to be realign
Handlebar bent, to be replaced
Crankcase cover grinded, not broken but will replace
Crankcase cover bolt x1, grinded, will replace
Left Mirror grinded, not broken but will replace
Left bar end grinded , will replace
Fuel tank grinded and got bump in it, will replace
Rad side cover, slightly grinded, will not replace
Left Tank Logo broken, to be replaced
Left air scoop grinded, will replace

Here is some pictures:

20140604_161838.jpg 20140604_161848.jpg 20140604_161853.jpg 20140604_161859.jpg 20140604_161917.jpg

So if any of you got some stuff that i need it will be nice, like stock mirror or handlebar, or even tank logo.

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
Hey man sorry to hear that. But it happens to all of use at one point or another. I am glad to see the radiator covers did their job. Also glad that you are not terribly injured.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
back from hospital, small fracture of the forearm bone at the junction of the elbow. no cast, 3-4 in a sling, then slowly moving it again. got lucky so far.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Get well soon... sorry to hear it dropped. Honestly the damage doesn't look that bad at all.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hey bro get well soon worry about that first and then worry about the bike it doesn't look to bad at all you'll have it back to new in no time besides now you have a good excuses to get the right color (red with black wheels ;) ) my first time going down was getting hit by a box truck totaled my fz8 (1500 miles) broke my right hand in multiple places, broke both bones in my right leg, and had rash on 42% of my body( wasn't wearing a jacket that day it was a 100 plus degrees was wearing a vest, gloves, jeans,and riding boots... I always wear full armor now)

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
I can offer mirror and bar end. I had my first drop about 3-4 weeks ago. Ended up breaking my collar bone. Bike has been completely fixed with OEM parts and it looks brand new. I am in Tucson, AZ... Bummer about your tank. Not sure how I got so lucky... Must have been my bar end sliders and OES kit.

I ended up replacing bar end, CRG Mirror, left case cover, rear spool, Ermax screen, front fender, oil pan, front fork slider, head light... Not fun but it's sexy again.

·
Registered
41 Posts
looks like these fine folks have already offered up their bar ends and mirrors, but ill let you know that mine are available as well.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thx for all these offers, @FastEddy , as you are in Canada it will probably cost less shipping with you. send me your price in pm. thank you.

·
Registered
520 Posts
Buy some "nu finish" and see what you can buff out of tank... Damage is very minimal... The tank hurts though... You could vinyl wrap the tank for a while... Maybe a larger gas tank will exhist at some point that can be put on.

Sorry this happened, glad you're okay though

·
Registered
885 Posts
Sorry to read of the fracture to your arm. Heal well and quickly. Looks like the FZ-09 is on the path to recovery as well. Best wishes to you!

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Will receive mirror and bar ends from Fast Freddy, still in need of an handlebar if anyone got one.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hey, no worries. It happens. I did similar damage from dropping mine on the left side. Cheapest place to get parts I have found so far is partshark.com. Check it out. Good luck and be safe out there.

·
Registered
474 Posts
Sorry to hear about the drop. I always try to look out for a path through sand/ gravel that tends pile up around here. In some conditions , it's hard to see until it's too late.

·
Registered
768 Posts
I painted my hand guards this afternoon with Armor All's rendition of Plasti-dip. Custom Shield | Armor All I got a can for $2.99 on clearance at an O'Reilly's auto parts store.
The finish is a near matte black.
When I re-installed the guards, I couldn't help notice that the finish and color are a near dead on match to the OEM mirror plastic. If anyone has some minor scratches, they can be sanded smooth again with fine sandpaper, buffed with a Scotchbrite pad and then coated in the removable spray finish.
In these photos, the hand guard has been coated. The mirrors are 100% original finish.
IMG_7744.jpg IMG_7741.JPG IMG_7743.JPG

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
awwe, total bummer man. so sorry that happened. Live and learn...get well soon!
EDIT: sliders would have probably made a big difference...you should invest in some

1 - 20 of 31 Posts