Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Ya'll,

I am sitting on the fence about which FZ to buy, the 07 or the 09. I am taking my MSF Rider course Thur and Fri of this week, then off to test drive both. Cost wise and insurance wise all things being equal, they will cost me pretty much the same. My current job is disposable income with the sole purpose of paying for the bike and insurance. I am returning to riding after a hiatus of a few years. The Army moved me too much and I was spending alot of time in the sandbox and not too much at home. I have been doing my research so I guess I will find out for certain in two weeks. Thanks for having me aboard..........AATW!!!

Geno

·
Banned
3,470 Posts
Test Rides will save your ass one way or another.

There's several similar recent threads here -- Use the search box above and enter FZ07.

Welcome & Good Luck

·
Registered
420 Posts
Hey Ya'll,

I am sitting on the fence about which FZ to buy, the 07 or the 09. I am taking my MSF Rider course Thur and Fri of this week, then off to test drive both. Cost wise and insurance wise all things being equal, they will cost me pretty much the same. My current job is disposable income with the sole purpose of paying for the bike and insurance. I am returning to riding after a hiatus of a few years. The Army moved me too much and I was spending alot of time in the sandbox and not too much at home. I have been doing my research so I guess I will find out for certain in two weeks. Thanks for having me aboard..........AATW!!!

Geno
Welcome. After you get your bike, PM me and maybe we can ride together once or twice.

·
Registered
4,616 Posts
Welcome and good luck on your choice. Thanks for your military service to our country.

·
Registered
957 Posts
I owned an SV650 as my first bike. The FZ07 would have been too much of a lateral change. Performance differences between a lightly modded SV650 and a stock FZ07 are negligible, so the 9 was the only way to go. Be prepared to have an extra grand or so lying around after purchasing to do the suspension.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts