Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well... I keep inching closer and closer to pulling the trigger on the stupidly expensive headlight fairing from Rizoma ($356).

I've been waiting....

and waiting....

and waiting....

for something similar to come out, and still I wait.

Not looking for wind protection at all, just looks... and a means of hiding all the wiring behind the cluster.

Does anyone know of anything else on the market that is this small and also Black?

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You're not helping! I said STOP me, not encourage me! laughing.gif

Yes, that's why I like it too... and I'm tried of picking dead bugs out of all of the wiring up there

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Meh, the Yamaha flyscreen raises up in the sides, so you can see through to the wires that I'm trying to hide.

I've seen the Yamaha flyscreen and don't care for it.

·
Registered
555 Posts
I would take the measurements of the holes for the mounting points, and take them with your own drawing/sketch to a local acrylic/signwriter shop. For less than half of the price of that Rizoma, you could get one made up in whatever colour you like that is exactly what you want.

I prefer the aggressive look without a screen, but if I were going to buy one I would be having my own made as none of the available ones take my fancy.

·
Registered
418 Posts
If I did it over again I would still buy the Yamaha screen before I spent almost $400 on a wind screen. The shape and coverage is nearly identical and 1/3 the price.

·
Registered
3,842 Posts
I would have got the puig instead of the yammi if I could do it again.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
151 Posts
Lucky Devil,
I must say, wow that is a lot of money for that part/piece. I understand why you are searching for a good reason not to make the leap.
Forgive me for not finding and posting a link or pictures... but have you seen the speedo cover piece that is for sale? It covers the wires behind the instrument panel. Not exactly a fairing but worth a look.

Me personally, I think I may get the Ermax 33cm and keep it clear. Provide wind protection and while it stays clean you can still see the original design of the front end. Don't know why, but I liked it when I saw it.

·
Registered
612 Posts
Well... I keep inching closer and closer to pulling the trigger on the stupidly expensive headlight fairing from Rizoma ($356).

I've been waiting....

and waiting....

and waiting....

for something similar to come out, and still I wait.

Not looking for wind protection at all, just looks... and a means of hiding all the wiring behind the cluster.

Does anyone know of anything else on the market that is this small and also Black?

I opted for the plastic version of the Rizoma fly screen and I still think that it's the most complimentary screen available for the FZ/MT. I also wanted the aluminum version, as I planned to do a custom paint scheme on it. In the end I just couldn't justify the cost so I went for the less expensive version in plastic. I love it and I guess I could still paint it if I really needed to..

image.jpg

·
Registered
127 Posts
Walks in to see what a fellow 09er needs assitance with. Turns around and slowly closes the door.... I can't be of any help here... I just ordered rizoma signals and tail light..

·
Registered
612 Posts
Here's some photos of my actual bike with the Rizoma plastic fly screen, instead of the photoshop mock-up I sent in my last post..

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
Not really diggin the design of that, maybe would look better in black, idk. I got the Yamaha flyscreen, and it looks like the coverage is pretty much the same, and I like the mini double bubble design of it-seems to fit nicely with the tapered design of the 09 headlight assembly. The smoked version looks much better on darksyde69's bike-compliments the front end nicely. Wouldn't mind having that in Carbon Fiber for $356-that I could justify.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Sorry but I'm all out of transferable self-control. The Rizoma Polycarbonate is almost half the price and the Rizoma Aluminum sure has UV resistance. It's simply a matter of what you'll be satisfied with now and next year. Polycarbonate is good for a fly screen. Aluminum is good for a condor screen. I did collide with an owl one night but I don't think a screen would have helped.:cool:

·
Registered
67 Posts
I've seen both, the Yamaha fly screen is a little bit wider than the Rizoma, but otherwise similar shape.. I was leaning towards the black polycarbonate as well as my whole bike will be blacked out shortly minus the gold forks..

About the Fabbri shield... is it just me, or does seem to make the bike look french with a little beret on top ?? lol

1 - 20 of 32 Posts