Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey all,

Been reading on here for a while whilst waiting for my XSR.

Mines been sitting in the dealer for over a month, waiting for the bloody clubman bars! Dealer just called me today to say they can't get them in Europe for another two months.............

Anybody want to sell me theirs? Or know any dealer (worldwide!) Who has them or can definitely order them for me??

I want to cry.

*Edit*

I should add the reason I can't take the bike with the standard bars and just wait is that I have to get the bike through my front door...! And it doesn't fit with the standard bars as they're too wide!

·
Registered
290 Posts
Firstly, welcome....

Secondly... I don't have bars to sell.

Lastly, but most importantly: What? Why do you need to get it through your front door? Very curious.

Sent from my HTC_0P6B6 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
68 Posts
Hey all,

Mines been sitting in the dealer for over a month, waiting for the bloody clubman bars! Dealer just called me today to say they can't get them in Europe for another two months.............

Anybody want to sell me theirs? Or know any dealer (worldwide!) Who has them or can definitely order them for me??

I want to cry.

*Edit*

I should add the reason I can't take the bike with the standard bars and just wait is that I have to get the bike through my front door...! And it doesn't fit with the standard bars as they're too wide!
Welcome!

It seems in the US clubmans have been available since the start... a month at least. See Surferchris's post / thread on what clubman bars are good for.

I'm not quite so suprised that someone keeps their bike in the house. I remember a friend of mine, when I lived in the UK, used to keep his ZXR750 in the hall... carpet and all. The hall was barely a metre wide, if that.

Good luck, mate¨:)

·
Registered
635 Posts
Or another idea is to just move all the controls in on the stockers, see how much room you have left on the bar on the ends, the cut off the extra, would require either rethreading the bars for the bar ends or you could go sans bar ends and that would give you even more room. Then when the clubmans come in you can put them on.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Welcome!

It seems in the US clubmans have been available since the start... a month at least. See Surferchris's post / thread on what clubman bars are good for.

I'm not quite so suprised that someone keeps their bike in the house. I remember a friend of mine, when I lived in the UK, used to keep his ZXR750 in the hall... carpet and all. The hall was barely a metre wide, if that.

Good luck, mate¨:)
I know by the looks of it on here a few US customers have thief clubman bars. One person says thy don't like them as they find them too aggressive but I can't remember who it was. Maybe he can sell me his? Haha

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Or another idea is to just move all the controls in on the stockers, see how much room you have left on the bar on the ends, the cut off the extra, would require either rethreading the bars for the bar ends or you could go sans bar ends and that would give you even more room. Then when the clubmans come in you can put them on.
This is a good idea... Sounds perfect if somebody could do it for me.. I know I'd mess it up :confused:p

·
Registered
13 Posts
I put the woodcraft clip on kit on mine a week ago. I couldn't be happier! The club mans look like they sit a bit too low. They have a great look but the ergonomics don't seem that great for a naked bike.

·
Registered
4,444 Posts
The stock 2016 XSR900 is stated as being 32.1" (815mm) wide. If you take off the bar end weights, that should trim another 1" (25mm) off each side.

How wide is your door opening????

Motor vehicle Vehicle Motorcycle Font Motorcycle accessories

·
Registered
57 Posts
Hey all,

I want to cry.

*Edit*

We have them in stock at our dealership here in the US. Central Florida Powersports. They are $139.99

1 - 15 of 15 Posts