Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
699 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

So best I can tell, this is what happened:

A group of guys go out for some riding in Texas. They intended on riding both on road and off. I guess one of them dipped off of the road for a moment while traveling down the road. The green (among other colors) Suburban got upset at this and told the rider that he was on camera and now so was his license plate. To what end the Suburban driver was going to use that video, we do not know. This prompts the rider to pull up and get the Suburban's license plate on his GoPro.

All of this is happening stage left. All the while... There is a completely uninvolved red Chevy on the right hand side that is apparently getting agitated at the whole situation as well. This truck proceeds to pull up next to the group and the driver and his passengers, yell, and flip the riders off.

The camera man thinks it is a great idea to pull up to the passenger side of the truck and see what is going on. This is probably the scariest part of the whole situation. The camera man knocks on the window and the passenger gets visibly excited by this, and flails to get the drivers attention. The window rolls down to make the statement, "Get that GD gun out!" audible. Ho-Lee Shit! No. Thank you.

The driver points the gun, with finger on the trigger, directly at the motorcycle camera man. Yelling and flailing ensues, followed by the driver telling the camera man that he is also a motorcycle rider...

I applaud the camera guy for keeping his cool in this situation. I would have needed to clean out my pants.

I am ashamed that this was a Texan.

·
Registered
4,441 Posts
Not sure why people bother road raging these days, when everything gets caught on camera????

And unfortunately, no matter where you live, there are always "those" idiots out there.....

One question, can the guy in the truck be charged for pulling his weapon and pointing it at someone like that?

Just curious?

·
Registered
699 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am pretty sure that pulling and pointing a gun at someone is assault with a deadly weapon when it boils down to it. Whether that is enforced by the court, I think it is the judge's decision in the long-run. Charges can be brought though.

·
Registered
432 Posts
It is as Nick says - Assault with a deadly weapon. Just brandashing the pistol made it qualify - but aiming at him makes it a definite.
Not only was it brandished, and aimed... the dudes finger was on the trigger, and he actively threatened shooting all of them. #jailtime

·
Registered
580 Posts
Driver would claim he feared for his life as biker knocked on window, thought it was a car jacking or something like that

·
Registered
1,950 Posts
Driver would claim he feared for his life as biker knocked on window, thought it was a car jacking or something like that
He could claim that, but any reasonable person would know he's lying. He's got several other men in the truck, and no one was attempting to open the door...plus the biker wasn't even on the side of the driver. What the biker did was stupid....but what the driver did was illegal and I hope he's prosecuted for his actions. I would not be surprised to find that he doesn't have a license to carry, but that's my guess. As someone who does have a license, when I carry I'm even more cognizant of my behavior and actions...and I avoid trouble as best I can. And if I ever pull my gun, most likely I'll be pulling the trigger because I will feel that my life or my family is being legitimately threaten. You don't pull a gun in anger, you pull it to defeat a legitimate lethal threat.

·
Registered
4,441 Posts
I had a feeling it would be considered "assault with a deadly weapon".

If the driver is lucky, all his buddies in the truck won't get him charged with reckless endangerment, waving his gun around like an idiot.

·
Registered
107 Posts
People are really crazy these days. I would never ride up to someone who is visibly angry and knock on their window like that. That guy almost captured on video his life being taken. Not smart.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Guns are making men into, uhm, kitty-cats these days. Too scared to fight toe to toe, but think they are real tough because they can whip out a gun. That biker brought zero of his friends over to the truck, just went by himself. Three grown men in the truck (again cager vs bike) and that guy is the one pulling the gun. I'm sure he went and told all his buddies how awesome he is after that. How delusional. So here's my message to the driver of the truck...you taunted a bunch of bikers on the road that had no beef with you and didn't do anything to you. Then one of them was man enough (stupid enough?) to size you up all by himself and you showed the entire internet what a kitty-cat you are. Congratulations Mr. Awesome! I hope you're reading this in jail, where you belong.

·
Registered
7 Posts
It actually happened in Henderson, NV, which is basically a suburb of Las Vegas. Happened on the south end of Boulder Highway right at Horizon. The red truck did have Texas plates though.

·
Registered
4,325 Posts
So, is the loonie with the gun mentally well equipped enough to own one?

·
Registered
425 Posts
i think ive seen that passenger in a different motorcycle vs gun video. this might be fake.

edit:
hqdefault.jpg

looks like it could be the same gun as well?

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
Drawing a knife, firearm, or other deadly weapon in a rude, threatening or angry manner is illegal in Nevada. This is also sometime referred to as “brandishing” a weapon. Maximum penalties are $1,000 in fines and 6 months in jail.
Definition of drawing a deadly weapon in a threatening manner

Drawing or brandishing a weapon is a crime in Nevada if all of the following conditions are met:

The weapon is a deadly weapon, such as dirks, dirk-knifes, swords, sword canes, pistols, or guns;
AND
The drawing or brandishing of the weapon occurs in the presence of at least two (2) other people;
AND
The weapon is drawn, brandished, or exhibited in a rude, angry, or threatening manner.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Not sure why people bother road raging these days, when everything gets caught on camera????

And unfortunately, no matter where you live, there are always "those" idiots out there.....

One question, can the guy in the truck be charged for pulling his weapon and pointing it at someone like that?

Just curious?

Absolutely. In Texas that is considered deadly conduct.

Tx Penal Code Sec. 22.05. DEADLY CONDUCT. (a) A person commits an offense if he recklessly engages in conduct that places another in imminent danger of serious bodily injury.

(c) Recklessness and danger are presumed if the actor knowingly pointed a firearm at or in the direction of another whether or not the actor believed the firearm to be loaded.

(e) An offense under Subsection (a) is a Class A misdemeanor. An offense under Subsection (b) is a felony of the third degree.

Statute of limitation should be 10 years on it. So this guy could still be charged with this video as evidence.

·
Registered
529 Posts
On 1 of the TV's at the gym tonight they showed the video clip shown here. The truck driver filed a police report and cited what happened in New York when a car driver guy got beat up by a group of bikers and had family in the car. Truck driver claims to be surrounded by bikers and not sure he was safe from harm. The Biker has also filed a police report on the truck driver with the gun. I think this will end in a stalemate but we'll see.

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
Absolutely. In Texas that is considered deadly conduct.

Tx Penal Code Sec. 22.05. DEADLY CONDUCT. (a) A person commits an offense if he recklessly engages in conduct that places another in imminent danger of serious bodily injury.

(c) Recklessness and danger are presumed if the actor knowingly pointed a firearm at or in the direction of another whether or not the actor believed the firearm to be loaded.

(e) An offense under Subsection (a) is a Class A misdemeanor. An offense under Subsection (b) is a felony of the third degree.

Statute of limitation should be 10 years on it. So this guy could still be charged with this video as evidence.
Except this happened in Nevada.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts