Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello friends. While replacing the clutch basket (and converting the clutch to XSR) I saw a few things I have questions about.

1. Should the oil pump chain be replaced at any time? How do you know she's okay? Is there a time to replace the oil pump?

2. The sprocket moves in and out. Is that okay? (As in the video ..)

In the comments they wrote to him that it was okay but I prefer to hear from the friends here.

3. I replace the clutch because there was a phenomenon that the motorcycle was not traveling in gear. Always stays the same as in neutral. I found one broken clutch pad there, and a slightly cracked basket. I bought everything new. Now the question is whether for sure this is what caused it, before I close everything, or could there be something else. I found there how a welded part, I would love to hear what its function is and how it gets to the point where it is welded. Should it be replaced? It's not really expensive, and could it have caused a phenomenon of a motorcycle not traveling suddenly.

Attachments

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
After researching a bit on the subject in question 3. I understand it is not welded by an amateur but this is how it should be. But it raises another question - I saw that in 2015 there was a problem with this part. Can someone explain to me what the matter is and how I can know if Do I need to replace it? I saw that there is part number 1RC-18101-01-00 in the new ones, while in older models there is part number 1RC-18101-00-00 .. is there a difference?

·
Registered
6,246 Posts
Have you got a factory workshop manual? If not, download one, it'll answer most of your questions. The oil pump chain will probably outlast the bike. It runs under steady load and is thoroughly lubricated.
Likewise the oil pump. The only pump failures I've seen have been caused by foreign matter in the oil. Original Mini's were chronic for destroying their oil pumps when the gearbox drive idler bearing fell apart. That's the sort of thing that kills oil pumps.
If the bike was shifting between gears with a problem you don't need to change that part.

• Love
Reactions: y-mt

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Have you got a factory workshop manual? If not, download one, it'll answer most of your questions. The oil pump chain will probably outlast the bike. It runs under steady load and is thoroughly lubricated.
Likewise the oil pump. The only pump failures I've seen have been caused by foreign matter in the oil. Original Mini's were chronic for destroying their oil pumps when the gearbox drive idler bearing fell apart. That's the sort of thing that kills oil pumps.
If the bike was shifting between gears with a problem you don't need to change that part.
Thank you.

·
Registered
6,246 Posts
That should have been "without a problem".:rolleyes:

·
Registered
6,246 Posts
I wrote "with a problem" and it should have been "without a problem".

Reactions: y-mt
1 - 7 of 7 Posts