Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
290 Posts
What mods have you done to your bike? What's the deal with the red going all crazy in that one section?

·
Vendor
1,399 Posts
ive never seen the spikes like that on the 9 with it on smoothing of 5, I would ignore the red run, you can see he backed out of it early , it looks like it was bouncing the rear wheel

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
The red may be hitting the rev limiter and the other two lines could be after the ECU is flashed, raising the rev limit. Or not.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well in the first place dyno graphs don't look like that
How much dyno time do u have ? U have never seen a dyno graph with spikes ? Something as simple as some wheel hop or spin can cause these, on another note my main concern wasn’t the top end , it was to gain a better power band , and have my ARF where it did needed to be.
thanks for ur input I’ll make sure I photoshop better next time 😜

·
Registered
795 Posts
How much dyno time do u have ? U have never seen a dyno graph with spikes ? Something as simple as some wheel hop or spin can cause these, on another note my main concern wasn’t the top end , it was to gain a better power band , and have my ARF where it did needed to be.
thanks for ur input I’ll make sure I photoshop better next time 😜
Well your pic doesn't show AFR ,and the shop name says it's an import car shop ?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well your pic doesn't show AFR ,and the shop name says it's an import car shop ?
Correct it was dynoed on a car roller 🤷🏻‍♂️ Witch are heavier then a atv bike roller , here in south Florida most bike /atv dynos want to sell u a package with them tuning ur bike , unless u present a tuner certificate from dyno jet ectt , anyways I’ve been tuning my own toys since ever , so a good friend works at stp motorsports and got me the hook up on that dyno . If u will sleep better I can upload a video on that specific dyno 🤷🏻‍♂️👍

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Cool , if you put another set of straps and loaded the suspension you could have solved the tire chatter and got better numbers ,your original pic looked cool anyway
It had straps on both sides , and there was a 180 pound driver on it the hole time 🤣🤣 dyno operator explained Something about the peaks but I was busy dealing with the laptop really didn’t pay much attention lol all I was focused on was picking up a better power band and arf , I will be hitting the 1/4 soon hopefully hit the 9 segs , after that my plan is to put some 30hp of nitrous 😛 will see how it goes

·
Registered
220 Posts
Hahahaha this should be entertaining.

What kind of ARF's are you running? Doberman? Yorkie? Poodle? If you use more than one you can get multiple ARF's, that's the secret to more of those impressive power gains you've shown.

Nice dyno tie down technique too, why bother with the straps at all? Clearly there is zero understanding of physics going on in that picture. I can just imagine what the "tuning" looks like.

As far as the your dyno chart pic, I also enjoyed that. The lack of important data was interesting, along with the gigantic oscillations at the end. Good luck with the nitrous, PLEASE let us know how that goes. Bonus points for pictures of engine parts and oil all over the track. hahahahaha.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Hahahaha this should be entertaining.

What kind of ARF's are you running? Doberman? Yorkie? Poodle? If you use more than one you can get multiple ARF's, that's the secret to more of those impressive power gains you've shown.

Nice dyno tie down technique too, why bother with the straps at all? Clearly there is zero understanding of physics going on in that picture. I can just imagine what the "tuning" looks like.

As far as the your dyno chart pic, I also enjoyed that. The lack of important data was interesting, along with the gigantic oscillations at the end. Good luck with the nitrous, PLEASE let us know how that goes. Bonus points for pictures of engine parts and oil all over the track. hahahahaha.
I meant afr , yeah don’t tie the bike down see what happens 🤦🏻‍♂️ Iam not here to impress u , i can already tell ur that big shot guy behind keyboards 🤦🏻‍♂️ Don’t like what u see move along , It’s a simple post of dyno numbers ...

1 - 20 of 40 Posts