Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey does anyone want to hit up Palomar Mountain tomorrow or anytime this coming week?

Reactions: richp5132

·
Registered
154 Posts
Gotta wait till my bike gets out of the shop (~2 weeks) but when it does I'm in for sure.

·
Registered
877 Posts
Will be there in the morning to mid day with the 2 Red FZ 09 ' s from The Szunk Werkz.

Will be mostly up and down The Tight Side, or at Mothers.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Will be there in the morning to mid day with the 2 Red FZ 09 ' s from The Szunk Werkz.

Will be mostly up and down The Tight Side, or at Mothers.
Sounds good. PM sent.

·
Registered
666 Posts
There's a group of us that gets together from time to time in the OC/LA area. (dantheman, tunnelvision, et. al.) We have an Ortega Hwy ride planned for Feb 2nd (weather permitting). Interested?
I was invited by a neighbor to go down to Palomar today w their group, but first I gotta deal with this new tire. It's too damn greasy for hardcore cornering.

·
Registered
877 Posts
There's a group of us that gets together from time to time in the OC/LA area. (dantheman, tunnelvision, et. al.) We have an Ortega Hwy ride planned for Feb 2nd (weather permitting). Interested?
I was invited by a neighbor to go down to Palomar today w their group, but first I gotta deal with this new tire. It's too damn greasy for hardcore cornering.
Only takes a few gradual corners to bring in the tire to full scrub.

I live very near and have started from the bottom with brand new tires many a time.

Last video was shot with virgin tires.

·
Registered
666 Posts
Only takes a few gradual corners to bring in the tire to full scrub.

I live very near and have started from the bottom with brand new tires many a time.

Last video was shot with virgin tires.
Well, that has me more relaxed. I get pretty nervous on new skins.

·
Registered
1,370 Posts

·
Registered
473 Posts
Going out Ortega highway Saturday morning. Hells kitchen only a 20 minute run from my house. Have to leave early afternoon, driving with family to Ventura county for birthday party so I'll head out towards Ortega around 8 am.

·
Registered
666 Posts
Maybe another time, blaze. Feeling cranky and antisocial, plus I have relatives coming over...
I hit Ortega about 8am and a MC cop was patrolling the candy store carousel. Was having a great time almost knee down and drivers were giving me the headlight flash warning. Thank you car driving friends! LOL I slowed to 40mph and sure enough there's the cop on the Beemer oncoming where I would have gotten a fat ticket.

So, uh.. what's it mean when a cop makes a fist at you? :evil6:

·
Registered
186 Posts
Maybe means he's tired of street racers or picking up the pieces from the results of street racing or just riders doing what they probably shouldn't be putting others in harms way...I don't know but seen to much carnage myself to condone some of what goes on. I used to like to ride Skyline to Alices then down to the coast on weekends but now will only do weekdays when I know most of the squids at work. Don't mean to get on a soap box but have seen the results of a good time gone bad on that one section of road alone, a personal aquaintenance has never worked or walked right since a trio racing up to Alices center punched his auto driving the engine block thru his legs, the center biker of the three couldn't swerve as did his mates and went to biker heaven instantly. Now I shake my fist at the go fasters that pass me at around 50 or so over posted limit...guess maybe that's what the copper meant...I've stepped down and I know your question was rhetorical but it stirred something in me, sorry...Mark

·
Registered
473 Posts
No problem. I came through around 9 AM and saw the same BMW cop. I did see Johnnny on the Elsinor side. He's riding blazing orange FZ09 also just a few weeks old.

·
Registered
186 Posts
You didn't Travis, sorry, was having a bad day and don't usually shoot off my big mouth and I think I may becoming a curmudgeon of sorts...Mark

1 - 16 of 16 Posts