Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wanted to start a thread for local rider sightings. I've seen a few other FZ-09's riding around, and saw one on my way to work this morning. If you pass another '09, post. Who knows, maybe you'll find a new riding buddy!

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
This morning I was on the 405 southbound just before 8am. I was followed most of my ride by what appeared to be a graphite grey 2014 FZ-09 with the blurple wheels. The bike had a Rizoma tail light and a very spikey license plate frame. I let the rider pass me so I could get a look at his bike and shortly afterwards we were both stuck behind a lane hogging 80's small displacement jap chopper-clone. The other FZ rolled out of the carpool lane and went to cut up ahead when the pseudochopper decided to just start turning right towards the exit across two lanes without signalling (or apparently checking his mirrors) and almost clipped the FZ. I pulled ahead and the other FZ caught up with me. We had one of those "U see that, bruh?" moments and went on our ways. Considering the quality of the few mods I could see going 80 in traffic, this guy really likes his bike. If you really like your FZ, there is a good chance you check this forum occasionally for ideas etc. I'd guess there's about a 20% chance that rider will see this post someday.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Also (I've been saving this one for a while I guess - hah) I saw an orange FZ on 2/7 right off Mulholland outside a restaurant called Fabrocini's on my way out. There was a guy who walked up to me as I was getting on my bike who had several questions for me about the bike and what I had done to it. If that question-asker was the owner of this orange bike, then I applaud your sneakyness. I can only imagine this orange bike has morphed into a perfect clone of my own by now.

·
Registered
59 Posts
A little late to this thread but I've run into a couple FZ-09s coming back home on the 405 from Santa Monica around 6-630. The one that sticks out the most is a guy with a shiny purple'ish helmet. Where you at guy?!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Saw a Matte Grey FZ-09 parked in front of a Food 4 Less in Rialto. Looks like it was a chicks bike. It had leopard print graphics and the word Hooniga. Where o' where are you??

·
Registered
392 Posts
Saw a matte gray leaving hells kitchen on Saturday through trebuco canyon. Wish I knew he had an fz-09 in the bar! I would have bought him a round!

·
Registered
59 Posts
Been riding my FZ-09 everyday on the I-10 going to work in Santa Monica from South LA. Anyone riding there as well?

·
Registered
53 Posts
I live in the Hermosa area and work at LAX. Any FZ riders in the area?

Reactions: jeffegg

·
Registered
15 Posts
I ride 101-110 south @ 0630 and reverse @ 1500-ish every day- '16 Blue FZ-09. I've seen a gray 09 heading in the opposite direction often. Hit me up!&

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
15 Posts
Saw a matte silver FZ with blue wheels at La Sierra and the 91 in Riverside around 8am this morning. Rider was wearing a green hi-viz vest. I need some new riding buddies to go carve some canyons with, all my friends have Harley's.....

1 - 14 of 14 Posts