Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I work in a mall the other day someone backing out hit my bike, that was in designated motorcycle parking, and knocked it over. Why they backed up 20ft to pull out a little sedan I do not know. Lucky another biker on a Goldwing witnessed it and called security and made him leave info. It fell on the right side leaving gouges in the clutch cover, brake pedal, saddle backs, and the bolt hole on the bar rod end is filled with asphalt. Made a police report and was able to ride it home. The clutch felt odd 1st to 2nd but okay in the other gears. Lucky the guy does have insurance but the adjuster is on my nerves. She wont just come do the photos for the appraisal. She wants me to take it to the yamaha dealer that I dont really trust to much for the estimate. There is another dealer but they are about 40 miles away. I work 40+ hours and have 15 hours of school. No truck or trailer, no ride back from the shop. They offered to tow but wouldn't hire the dedicated motorcycle tow company.

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
So I work in a mall the other day someone backing out hit my bike, that was in designated motorcycle parking, and knocked it over. Why they backed up 20ft to pull out a little sedan I do not know. Lucky another biker on a Goldwing witnessed it and called security and made him leave info. It fell on the right side leaving gouges in the clutch cover, brake pedal, saddle backs, and the bolt hole on the bar rod end is filled with asphalt. Made a police report and was able to ride it home. The clutch felt odd 1st to 2nd but okay in the other gears. Lucky the guy does have insurance but the adjuster is on my nerves. She wont just come do the photos for the appraisal. She wants me to take it to the yamaha dealer that I dont really trust to much for the estimate. There is another dealer but they are about 40 miles away. I work 40+ hours and have 15 hours of school. No truck or trailer, no ride back from the shop. They offered to tow but wouldn't hire the dedicated motorcycle tow company.
You might want to co operate a little and do what the insurance company tells you to do. In order to do a proper estimate..the ins co needs a labor rate per hour figure. You need a shop to do that.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I would but its a matter of the ice on the ground, below freezing temps and no time to take it to the dealer. She offers to get the bike there then wont hire a proper truck. Venting my frustration. My insurance company would have had this handled already, these discount places are difficult to deal with.

·
Registered
4,444 Posts
Yes you might have no other choice and have to go to the closer dealer to get the estimate done.

But I would go over my bike with a fine tooth comb and make a list of every single little scratch, no matter how small. Also take a photo of every single thing you find.

Then you can give a copy of the list to the dealer and make sure they note everything you found that needs to be repaired or replaced. I would also send a copy of the list and photos to my own insurance company. After all it is your insurance companies job to make sure the other insurance company does not try to pull a fast one. This is something I have always done in the past for a couple of accidents that were not my fault. Getting your own insurance company involved makes sure the other guys insurance behaves themselves.

Hopefully you can have you bike back soon and fixed like nothing ever happened to it.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I would but its a matter of the ice on the ground, below freezing temps and no time to take it to the dealer. She offers to get the bike there then wont hire a proper truck. Venting my frustration. My insurance company would have had this handled already, these discount places are difficult to deal with.
I'd understand your concern if you were paying to get your bike to the dealer yourself, but if the other person's insurance company is paying to have the bike delivered to the dealership it would follow that the manner in which they get the bike there would also be covered; i.e. if the guy transporting the bike screwed the process up and bent your bars or tweaked the forks that would just be one more thing for the insurance company to pay for. i'd say use whatever means they're willing to pay for and make sure you do a thorough walk around with the driver prior to having him/her drive off and have them sign a document attesting to the condition of the bike. Take as much time as you need to. And photos. Take photos.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts